Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Jukes are here!!

12K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  itsajuke 
#1 ·
Get an Email from my internet sales manager saying the Jukes are here and asking me if I want to come in for a test drive. I am outta town - figures. Saint Charles, MO - just west of Saint Louis.

emforce

#5 ·
I'm the internet sales manager for a dealership in Montana and ours finally arrived this morning. They were supposed to be here a week or two ago but were delayed.

We've already got a couple people coming in to look at it, but I reallllly hope I get a test drive for myself in before it sells. It's the gun metallic colored SV with red interior. I love it and will definitely be ordering one for myself!!

#8 ·
I'm the internet sales manager for a dealership in Montana and ours finally arrived this morning. They were supposed to be here a week or two ago but were delayed.

We've already got a couple people coming in to look at it, but I reallllly hope I get a test drive for myself in before it sells. It's the gun metallic colored SV with red interior. I love it and will definitely be ordering one for myself!!
I think they sould let the sales manager drive it first - after all - easier to sell something that you actually drove (and love---?):confused:

#6 ·
Got to see it person and drive one!

"My" dealer; i.e, the closest got one Friday and sold it in a half an hour. But I drove across town this morning to the next closest dealer and they had a red S CVT/FWD which I got to see and drive.

So glad to finally see it in the flesh! And I have to say . . . it's SO CUTE! :p You macho guys probably didn't want to hear that, but don't care! I love the lights. I really love the sound it makes, too. VrriiiHRRR!

There weren't any real surprises (after all my research), but had some nice satisfying talks with the sales peeps. I told them what I was looking for (a black or white SL/AWD with red interior trim) so we'll see. Looks like the next batch will come in December. That's fine.

#7 ·
"My" dealer; i.e, the closest got one Friday and sold it in a half an hour. But I drove across town this morning to the next closest dealer and they had a red S CVT/FWD which I got to see and drive.

So glad to finally see it in the flesh! And I have to say . . . it's SO CUTE! :p You macho guys probably didn't want to hear that, but don't care! I love the lights. I really love the sound it makes, too. VrriiiHRRR!

There weren't any real surprises (after all my research), but had some nice satisfying talks with the sales peeps. I told them what I was looking for (a black or white SL/AWD with red interior trim) so we'll see. Looks like the next batch will come in December. That's fine.
I am really surprised they got such a cheapo model in first- ??? BUT- glad you liked it.

#9 ·
Violet, I agree 100%!

The car is SUPER CUTE. But has some macho elements. Almost like a bull dog, they're cute but still kind of manly.

I was trying to compare it to the Toyota Matrix AWD model this morning (price, fuel economy, features, and performance), and I have to say that it looks like my Matrix is going to get replaced with a 2012 model.

#12 ·
Violet, I agree 100%!

The car is SUPER CUTE. But has some macho elements. Almost like a bull dog, they're cute but still kind of manly.

I was trying to compare it to the Toyota Matrix AWD model this morning (price, fuel economy, features, and performance), and I have to say that it looks like my Matrix is going to get replaced with a 2012 model.
Yeah - that's what I was thinking - the bulldog thing. Although one article said the front looked like a Catfish.

#10 · (Edited)
really? that's disappointing. From reading the reviews, the Matrix a bit wimpy on the horsepower, the driving experience is unexciting, and the fuel economy isn't that great either. But those are the 2010 models--I really don't want to wait for 2012! Plus, it's a Toyota, and I personally, would not be happy about buying from them. If I did, I'd get a Rav4 (too expensive for the options I want); or a Scion XB for the cargo room.

However, it's a better family car probably, and cheaper as well. Not to mention the 2 years free maintenance they're offering after their massive screwup. Your priorities may be different than mine, of course.

#11 ·
I meant that to come out as "My Toyota Matrix is getting replaced with a 2012 (maybe 2011) Nissan Juke" woops ;P

That I was comparing the Juke to the Matrix, and it's hard to believe that with the Juke I'd get better fuel economy, and better performance for a similar price - plus the Juke is MUCH more fun to drive than the Matrix (just this one person's opinion). Again, apologies for the confusion!

#14 ·
Hey everyone, first post here. I've sat in a few Juke's and finally drove one yesterday. I've yet to get in an SL, but the SV with Nav is really getting my attention. Barring a major difference in the trims, I'll probably spring for the SV with Nav. My dealer is willing to give it to me for $1200 under MSRP so that helps. Hope to pull the trigger when my color comes in.

#15 ·
Hey everyone, first post here. I've sat in a few Juke's and finally drove one yesterday. I've yet to get in an SL, but the SV with Nav is really getting my attention. Barring a major difference in the trims, I'll probably spring for the SV with Nav. My dealer is willing to give it to me for $1200 under MSRP so that helps. Hope to pull the trigger when my color comes in.
Nice dealer- i am surprised they are not going 1200 OVER MSRP for a new popular vehicle that just came in - how many do they have??

#17 ·
Just got mine yesterday!

Ended up with the SL model in Sapphire Black. It basically looks black, but in direct sunlight you can see some blues coming out of it.

Love love love the viewing angle in the car. I finally feel like I'm the big boy on the road again even though I'm driving a smaller car.

Initial thoughts.

Pros:
- Amazing look, inside and out
- Viewing Angle
- I-Con system
- Comfortable seats
- Punchy engine, especially in Sport mode
- Sweet sound system
- Bluetooth integration

Cons:
- No center console
- Trunk space
- Using the Nav while on the phone (you can just see the "do this next" icon, not the map).

...haven't had it for very long, but I love me this car. It's replacing a 2008 Mazda 3 sGT for me, and I couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to giving this car a bit more love. :)

#18 ·
They don't have any right now. The ones they had weren't my color. I have a good relationship with the sales manager at my dealership. He actually hooked me up with a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4x4 for my wife last Saturday for Invioce cost (same a he's doing with the Juke). They have quite a few locations with all the major brands. Now it's just waiting for the right one to come in.

As for the camera, I'm not really in love with it. The only reason I want the Nav is for the upgraded stereo system. My iPhone has always provide good enough directions for me. I've had leather for years, and am welcoming the change back to cloth. I hate the cold in the winter (never had butt warmers), and REALLY hate the hot sticky summers. I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't really care for the leather. Oh well...

#20 ·
I unfortunately wasn't able to get them to move so much on the sticker, but was able to get them to increase the value of my trade-in by $1000 by referencing the KBB projected value...so I guess that counts for something?!

It's funny...the trunk is smaller than my old Mazda 3...yet my golf bag (with my driver in it) fit back there without much struggle :cool:

#23 ·
did you get the 20 color interior illumination feature along with the lighted door sills? That's one thing that I want. Pretty silly, I know, but I like cool lights!

No, and thats one thing i noticed, there needs to be a light source for the back seat area.
I didnt see where you could get the 20 color interior illumination by itself, but you could the lighted door sills by themselves. Hopefully they will come out with the kit by itself or I may have to look at aftermarket lighting.

#24 ·
I'm surprised the Juke is so scarce at many dealerships across the country.

They arrived in Las Vegas on Oct. 6th and each of the three Vegas area Nissan dealerships had around 10, THAT DAY. They are selling fast, though. Our dealership had already sold 6 or 7 when we got ours on the 9th.

#26 ·
The dealer I got mine from only had 2: an S and an SL.

I yoinked the SL within about a day or two of them getting it, and when I bought it the dealer showed me the list of folks who were actively pursuing the car, and it had about 6-7 people on it.

Seems like demand is pretty decent right now, but I'm surprised you actually had 10 of them instead of the measly 2 I had to work with out here.

Lucky for me, the SL model was the color I wanted so no complaints on my end :D

#33 · (Edited)
If you're using the Nissan build tool and you select the "Illuminated Kick Plates" package then select the 20-color package it warns you that it will deselect the illuminated package. So I'm guessing the 20-color includes the kick plates.

I'm wondering if the illumination package is delayed or something. Of the 10 or so Jukes I looked at, it's about the only option I didn't see. The illuminated doorsills, yes, but not the full illumination package. It seems unusual since it's a relatively expensive option, and probably has a lot of profit built-in. You'd think they'd spec the cars with it to get the transaction price up.
Out of the 7-10 dealerships within a couple hundred miles of me only ONE of them has an SL (according to Nissan's inventory page). Even though it's an SL it's a FWD manual transmission. Not at all what I'm trying to find.

#32 ·
I'm wondering if the illumination package is delayed or something. Of the 10 or so Jukes I looked at, it's about the only option I didn't see. The illuminated doorsills, yes, but not the full illumination package. It seems unusual since it's a relatively expensive option, and probably has a lot of profit built-in. You'd think they'd spec the cars with it to get the transaction price up.

#41 · (Edited)
You mean under the storage box? The AWD has the tire right below the floor, and the 2WD has an empty plastic tray. The spare is under that.
Yeah the spare was under that plastic tray. It had a handle so you could pull it out. The sales guy had no idea - I asked what the handle was for and he just shrugged and pulled and said "oh, hey look! a spare!"

All SLs have leather and it's very nice. It's soft and the seats are supportive. Here's a pic.
Nice! The cloth seats look pretty nice but I prefer the leather. Thanks for the pic. On a side note - is that center piece always red for the SL's? The S I drove had a black exterior and that center piece was gray (also gray on the SV).

#46 · (Edited)
I like leather, but the all-black seat - with just red thread! - doesn't appeal to me as much as do the premium cloth red and black seats.

Also, if I am to believe the specs correctly that I saw online (may not apply everywhere in Canada), leather seats aren't standard with the SV model. Instead there's a package....

Leather-Navi Package Contains:
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Navigation System
- 5" Colour Touch-Screen Display
- Rear View Monitor
- USB Connectivity
- XM Satellite Radio
- Rockford Fosgate Audio System (+100 Watts)
- Subwoofer and Upgraded Speakers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.