Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while driving a decent distance the juke will stop accelerating and the rpms will drop to around 2k rpm. When i press the gas the rpms dont change nor the speed. It slowly reduces speed until it finally stops acting funny i changed the MAF sensor thought maybe the torque converter but still cant find the root of rhe probpem any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,460 Posts
The CVT transmission entered "Safe Mode". Usually letting the transmission cool down for a period will reset this condition.

Your fluid may be old and need to be changed. We recommend a "drain and fill" at least every 30,000 miles.

Here is one thread of many on this subject;

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the lacquer thinner in the gas tank to see if that helps the catty just now. Yesterday i went to a fluids shop and they sa9d the trans fluid was alittle dirty nothing major and it was full so i dnt think its that

·
Super Moderator
2,367 Posts
lacquer thinner in the gas tank to see if that helps the catty just now
Stop before you destroy your engine and transmission any further. Did you get a CEL for a bad catalytic converter? Were you having exhaust issues? You very well may have just harmed or damaged your fuel piping, injectors, and other gaskets. Not to mention, lacquer thinner doesn't do anything for a catalytic converter, and especially won't do anything for the engine except burn it as fuel due to the fact the engine is direct inject.

Go get the CVT serviced by having a qualified shop drain and fill the CVT fluid. most reports of no acceleration after driving for a long period of time are the result of limp mode where the CVT has overheated and needs to cool down. Overheating and loss of acceleration indicates the fluid is worn down enough it is no longer serving its purpose.

Reactions: Joetor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues on mine. Had extended warranty at the time. After was told by Nissan services to wait until it happen again. I told them I would not risk my life on it failing in the fast lane again. Had at least 5 occurrences. They did rebuild the transmission at 91k. No problem since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
while driving a decent distance the juke will stop accelerating and the rpms will drop to around 2k rpm. When i press the gas the rpms dont change nor the speed. It slowly reduces speed until it finally stops acting funny i changed the MAF sensor thought maybe the torque converter but still cant find the root of rhe probpem any suggestions?
Hi Fellow Juke-sters,
Really like the car just got a new/used one. Issue is similar to above but ran fine 2-3 days after we go it, tried to use it and no acceleration ran up to 6-7K RPM slooooowly rolled along. No error lights no noise, except me swearing a the #*@#_! thing. Still under a aftermarket warranty. Commentary ? Calling the warranty repair shops now.. but just to ask the forum. 2015 with 30K miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts