Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first Kicks. Surprised how it resembles Juke. Will it be even more with the new Juke in Europe? How's it stack up with Juke?

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
The Kicks lacks a turbo and shares the same engine with the Versa and thus has 60HP less than the Juke. The new Juke has a turbo but comes with a significantly smaller engine (1.0L 3 cylinder) producing about 70HP less than the first generation and without the CVT, instead Nissan opted for the 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. Kicks is available in the US, Brazil, Mexico, and China, while the new Juke is only available in Europe.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
I wouldn't totally hate it with some funky customization and a turbo. But then I'd just have my car only lamer.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
Cuz they both have turbos and adopted much of the Juke's appeal, while Nissan decided to eliminate that performance factor for the US market to push a neat looking Versa. I owned a Versa, same motor as the Juke no turbo. I felt like I was gonna die every morning struggling to make speed simply to merge onto the highway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2020 Juke at top, then, is the Juke in Europe? Presumably this is a great dropoff because a guy at Nissan told me the Jukes were made all the same (at least in theory). So why would a popular car in Europe be so downsized? Nissan management are idiots? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the lack of AWD that loses me. Once my juke goes to the Great Parking Lot in the sky, I'll have to look elsewhere for a little critter that handles the snow this well. Maybe a Kona, CX3, idk.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Updated and added everything in the Juke's class/price range.

Compact SUV horsepower under $28k comparison

2020 Europe Juke = 115 *No AWD option
Kicks = 122 *No AWD option
Mini Countryman = 134
Honda HR-V = 141
Toyota C-HR = 144 *No AWD option
Mazda CX-3 = 148
Subaru Crosstrek = 152
Kona = 147-175
Jeep Renegade = 177-180
Kia Soul = 147-201 *No AWD option
Juke (American) = 188-215

·
Registered
643 Posts
I edited it to "2020 Europe Juke". Yes the 2020 is exclusive to Europe. To be honest though, I think there was actually some pre-2020 European versions that had even less HP. And yes, any American year Juke ranged between 188-215. The 215 was the Nismo RS. The rest of the numbers for the other models listed are current year statistics, which should hold accurate for the past few years since there hasn't been many changes to those recently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts