Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all, my name is Gus, Ive got a 2015 Juke ST for me in 2018, basically for a daily driver, it was my friends ex wife car and he had to let it go to me for money reasons. It wasn't the best looking car for me, my partner loved it, but I was never in love for it.
Anyway, during my studies I had to do Uber in pursuit of money and I have put 100k in over 2 years, car is with 136k now. It feels like the engine itself will not last too long, even me taking care of it. I am an Auto electrician and have been doing all services trough the logbooks at home with some mates.
Like I said the Juke just came to me out of nowhere and I have grown a love for it, but the lack of power out of the renault engine drives me insane sometimes and it just does not fit my background of fast german cars, (bought my girl a 2.0t a4 last week and my heart miss the power on my daily drive).
My daily commute today is less intense and I can't stop thinking of the possibility of installing a v6 engine in it. It has been a dream since I have bought it, but seemed far. Now it does not seem that far, few facts down for the plan.

Would be a VQ35DE out of any Nissan or Infiniti tbh, price ranges from $1000 (Straight out of car) to $4000 ( fully rebuild ).
Powertrain is the issue as I want RWD ( missed my bimmers), it sounds nuts, I know, but it is a project and I want to see how crazy I can be on it.
And finally it is not about be the most powerful car on the street, which is pretty hard to compete with bogans here in Australia, just want a good looking Juke, different and with a good punch and sound.

Do you guys think it is possible V6 rwd in a Juke?

Thanks,
Gus

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Are you thinking mid-mount? What's engine/drivetrain is in it now?

If going front engine, the AWD suspension/raised floor pan would give you more room and a better suspension to work with, but you would need a new differential and drive shaft. I would go with a 3.7 and transmission from the Q50/Q60/370z (is it sold as a Skyline there?) if you did that, as it is already RWD. And with the amount of investment you are looking at, you might as well shell out a little more for the more powerful engine. Some cutting is likely needed, but this might be an easier route. See the V8-swapped Focus for reference to something similar:

If mid-mount, like the old Clio V6, I would take the entire engine, subframe and suspension from a donor FWD car, replace the steering rack with a tow link, cut the back out of the Juke as much as is needed, then restructure with new strut mounts, etc. For reference:

Either way, it would be a lot of work, but I would love to see you try it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! Google Juke-R to see a GT-R chassis fitted to a Juke. So anything is possible. How much money it takes to get there is the real issue. You will be charting new waters.
If you do proceed, start a build thread so we can follow along.
Thanks mate, I will starting drawing as a plan, I have seen enough of the gtr and That is probably much more professional, powerfull and expensive then what I have in mind.
i need to plan how much it would realistically costs me and then starts the hands on. And basically i am Waiting the engine to “die”before. I have a st fwd 1.6. Pretty slow cvt Combination

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey you might be able to fit a LS4 into the juke, you never mentioned your stock drivetrain but if its stock AWD you Should be able to get away with less hassle than changing where you mount it (though the front and the mounta themselves might need to be beefed up a bit

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
On a FWD, I would go the mid-mount route. You will need to cut out the rear floorpan anyway and get a new suspension on the FWD, so you might as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have both and let me tell you, you’ll make way more power building the motor you have now vs a de. Full bolt on and tune on my g35 will only make 280 max whp. If you’re going to vq swap it, put a vq37hr in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts