Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a Rogue the other day and was fairly impressed. Kind of a "mommy car," but a pretty good combination of features and a smooth ride.

The Juke will be smaller, with a bunch of cool new tech, but I still might go for a Rogue. What do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Looked At The Rogue

I like how it looks and visited a few dealers, which was like being attacked by addicts in need of cash for a quick fix. As a single person I found it too big for me, and the side-rear and rear views are limited to say the least. The 360 package is the all-around best deal on the Rogue. I was hoping the Juke would be a logical step smaller. Based on the specs the Juke is a tiny car designed for the youth. I'm 49. I'll need to see one first of course.

I've asked a few people and their real-time miles per gallon on the Rogue is closer to 21 mpg. My brother is leasing one and he likes it a lot. I'd say the biggest issue is the limited visibility issue.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Visibility is an issue, but it's an issue with so many of the cars out there now. I think the Rogue's visibility is better than, say, the Hyundai Tuscon. It may also be an issue with the Juke.

You ever notice that Consumer Reports KILLS any car that has "limited rear visibility." About the only small hatch/crossover type they like for that are the Subarus, and they have just NO style. I'm sure they'll take a look at the back pillars on the Juke and make the same comment.

also, laffing at your comment re: the dealers. Looking at cars is sorta fun . . . and sorta not, since you have to deal with the salesmen.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep vacillating between "big" and "small." Juke may be too small. I'm telling myself no matter how cool the Juke is, if it isn't a comfortable drive several hundred miles to the nearest Ikea, and can't haul stuff back from there . . . it may not be for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I test drove a Rogue the other day and was fairly impressed. Kind of a "mommy car," but a pretty good combination of features and a smooth ride.

The Juke will be smaller, with a bunch of cool new tech, but I still might go for a Rogue. What do you think?
Mommy car...LOL :D Rogue is a very nice vehicle however I find it a very boring car. At least juke is different and kinda exciting to look at and hopefully the turbocharged engine makes it even more exciting and fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! The Rogue is a MommyCar, according to the review on Car and Driver:

2011 Nissan Juke - First Drive Review - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

the little Nissan Juke crossover is likewise targeted toward men because, well, the similarly priced Nissan Rogue crossover just isn’t.

. . . .

Yes, Nissan already has a four-cylinder cute ute called the Rogue that competes in a viciously contested segment with the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tucson, and others. But that machine attracts mainly women, especially those in a family way, says Nissan’s head of U.S. product planning, Larry Dominique. In contrast, the Juke, available in S, SV, and SL trim levels, is after “aggressive attention seekers”: read "men who are still pretty much boys (and may always be so) and who star in YouTube videos opening with the line, “Watch this!”
I'm a gurrrll, and I still like the Rogue. Kids all gone, only some of my 8 grandkids can fit in the back seat, anyway. Am waiting to see if I like the Juke better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rogue & Juke

I'm I guy and I have an '09 Rogue SLawd with 38,000 miles on it. Yes, it's only about a year and a half old and we've put that many miles on it. Overall, we love the vehicle. The Rogue's exterior is my least favorite part about it. I find it a bit too soft and curvaceous, but mybe that's one of it's attributes that draws women to it. I enjoy the Rogue's handling, gas mileage, seating position, amenities, and size. It seems to be a perfect fit for my partner, myself, and our old Bassett Hound.

Our lease will soon be up on our Mazda MX-5, and we find ourselves contemplating a few new vehicles. High on our list is a Mazda3 GT 5-door or the Nissan Juke.

However, another Rogue is not out of the question. Currently, I can get a loaded 2WD Rogue SL for about a $1000-$1400 less than a loaded Mazda3 GT 5-door. How will Juke size-up against the Rogue is on a lot of people's mind. I don't mind a smaller vehicle for our urban lifestyle, but I want it to offer the same convenience, tech, and luxury features and at a smaller price.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the Rogues are pretty, although I'm worried about rear visibility. It's the big v. small issue I'm struggling with--will the Juke be big enough for me?

I'm still trying to determine how big is big enough for me, though! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The minute you roll off the dealer's lot, you've lost 30% of the value of the vehicle. It will be a lot easier to discover that you should have got something smaller, than to find that you should have got something bigger.

Either you're going to be stuck with the vehicle for two years, or you're going to take a huge hit on trading it in. When in doubt, always go bigger.

That said, if you're still not sure, rent one for a week and live with it. A week's rental bill is going to be a lot less expensive than making a mistake on which car you should have bought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Qashqai (the european version from the rogue), ist the most popular SUV in all of Europe. Here we sold more than 550 tsd units within 3 years. I think the Juke will prolongue the success, although it will polarise. The german (and austrian) automobil-press like the car!

·
Registered
131 Posts
They're both aimed at a different demographic. The Juke is aimed at a younger crowd. Mainly 25+ yr old bachelors looks for something practical to get around it but still look "cool". While the Rogue is more for people with families and mainly women that haul kids on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 Rogue and I love it. I looked at the Juke,but I was able to get lower monthly payments with the Rogue I think because of rebates. Anyway, I am very happy I went with the Rogue, but I think anyone would be happy with either the Rogue or the Juke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts