Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
This all being said, what would the minimum wheel size be on the RS? I purchased 16" wheels and winter tires last year for my Nismo, and would have concerns about the larger brake components not clearing

·
Registered
109 Posts
The front brakes from the RS are the same as the B16 Spec-V front brakes.
good info!
can we change bolt on B16 Spec-V front brakes for not Nismo Juke?
pic from Sentra forum:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah. Like I said, I'm limited to autocross and I have a feeling the XP8 pads won't warm up enough on our small courses to be effective. I'm gonna check reviews and see if I can't find any comparisons between the Carbotech AX6 pads and the Hawk HP Plus pads.
I just got done bedding in my AX6's on my FWD S. And it is a noticeable improvement. I've used the Hawk HP's on my RX7 FC Turbo, and its quite a difference between the two, much better compound and build quality from the Carbotech than from the Hawks.

Can't go wrong with these AX6's IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
16" snow tires on RS?

This all being said, what would the minimum wheel size be on the RS? I purchased 16" wheels and winter tires last year for my Nismo, and would have concerns about the larger brake components not clearing
Were you able to fit the 16" winter tires on your RS ok with OEM brake calipers?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I'm considering upgrading the pads and rotors on my '13 SL AWD CVT Juke. Going to stage 2 soon with a tune for street performance, no racing.

My current wheels are 17" Enkeis (OEM 11.7" Front vented disc/11.5" rear solid disc brakes.) If I replace the 17" Enkei wheels with 18" wheels (same size as the Nismo RS) will the Nismo RS pads and rotors (12.6" Front vented disc/11.5" rear vented disc brakes) simply bolt on to the AWD SL's front and rear?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
ジューク;2201209 said:
I'm considering upgrading the pads and rotors on my '13 SL AWD CVT Juke. Going to stage 2 soon with a tune for street performance, no racing.

My current wheels are 17" Enkeis (OEM 11.7" Front vented disc/11.5" rear solid disc brakes.) If I replace the 17" Enkei wheels with 18" wheels (same size as the Nismo RS) will the Nismo RS pads and rotors (12.6" Front vented disc/11.5" rear vented disc brakes) simply bolt on to the AWD SL's front and rear?
You'll also need the calipers. The RS calipers are bigger in the front. IDK about the rear calipers. I remember NissanEgg saying this because another member wanted to do the same thing.

Have you thought about getting the MRP big brake kit? They have two versions...street/race. The street starts at $750 & race starts at $1050.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
It was probaby me who asked and NEgg responded but his posts in this thread seem to have disappeared.

MRP - Good idea - no guess work.
I'll give Matt a call.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
You will need the rotors, calipers, and pads for the front. Front caliper is different as is the pad. Rear you will need the rotors and calipers. The RS uses vented rear rotors, so they are wider than the non-RS models. The RS rear calipers are wider as result, but the pads are the same.

Everything should bolt in no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
ジューク;2201641 said:
Thanks once again NEgg. I would need to change my 17" wheels to 18" I presume.
Maybe. The 12.6" rotors and caliper would be cutting it very close to the inner barrel of the wheel. Should not have any spoke clearance. I would test fit the 17's on a RS before going all in on the parts.

·
Registered
2012 1.6 MR16DDT 6MT
6 Posts
Hi guys. So, has anyone tried to put the Nismo Rs calipers without changing the stock 17 inch wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts