Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was lucky enough to be one of the people invited to a tour of the UK Nissan Plant at Washington/Sunderland here in good old England yesterday (26th August 2010)

It was the 'official' launch date of Nissan Juke production at this factory, although in reality they have already been making Jukes in small numbers for some weeks now.

2WD Jukes made here go all over Europe.
(Jukes for US/Canada/Asia are made in Japan)

It was great chance to get close the Juke production line :)
(even a chance to sit inside a Juke and move down part of the line whilst a technician does various tests and checks)
A great day out organised by BORKOWSKI (Public Relations people) in London England in conjunction with Nissan.

Flickr: Get Juked UK's Photostream

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome! Thanks a bunch for sharing! This is definitely the color I want :)

Did the tour guide give any interesting bits of information that you remember?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
What were your initials impressions both inside and out of the car? Was it comfortable, well made and easy to see all around while inside?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lucky guy! I bet it was fun being in the car while it was rolling down the production line. Any comments on the production line? How thorough is there quality testing procedure?

Btw I'm not sure for north america but is this a factory option available in Europe?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Juke girls definately not available in the US, only in the UK. :)

I learnt that the Stop Start option on some Jukes in Europe is just a thing to start the engineup . It is not a
stop/start system which cuts off the engine when you stop and starts again when you press the gas pedal.
That is something even the dealers near me didn't know.

I've sat in a Juke before in a dealer showroom, and it seems well made,
visibility OK to the rear, good to the front. I am concerned about comfort after Jap owners have said its a bit harsh to ride in but not possible to tell from a slow ride along on a line, or being tested on the rolling road how comfy it would be on real roads.

The technician revs it on the rolling road, testing instruments at the same time, brakes etc, cruise control etc etc following instructions from screens up above and elsewhere. Then he drives it a few yards forward for more tests and instructions and readouts to look at - skilled work - I was impressed.

I've shown you the professional pics taken of us by Nissan.
I took some photos of my own (poorer quality).Here are some of them:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Btw I'm not sure for north america but is this a factory option available in Europe?

I wish.......Like the red hair one!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
A few more of my photos if anyone is interested:

This is what you see from inside a Juke as it is being tested on the production line:

Souvenirs of my day including a JUKE USB-stick which I like:

THE PHOTO BELOW HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MY DAY OUT IN SUNDERLAND - IT WAS TAKEN IN LONDON, but I'll show you it anyway - :) They are nice. Both of them.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I note the list of definitions with amusement, because it's the same list I found earlier today--with the exception of the last item, obviously. and, also because of the prostitution and grinding bits. ahem. ;)

Ironically, the photograph posted does not show the actual meaning of the word which inspired the vehicle name, which is at the top of the list; i.e., a tricky merkin football maneuver.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Whats was on the Juke USB drive? Did it contain any goodies from Nissan like wallpapers and stuff? Btw the last pic, girl looks like she has a lazy eye. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention that I went to the Juke Production Launch too! was an awesome day, the cars looked very well put together, getting to watch the road test was interesting, they take it up to 120kph on the rolling road!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for all the photo's and sharing what you experienced! Cool...October is right around the corner!! Hmm....Red or white??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts