Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What I am thinking I am going to do is try to find a wrecked Juke so I can get working on this project before taking my car off the road. The two big things I need are measurements for for the donor transmission and measurements for the for the bell housing bolt pattern from a mr16ddt.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Oh I will find a way but it may not be for awhile as I need to finish some other projects then find a donor drivetrain to make it all work. The only think I am not sure on is retaining the factory ABS but I won't know until I get to that stage.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Those are the radio connectors.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Ok We got it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
The big issue I keep come back to with this swap is retaining the torque vectoring system makes the Juke corner so well. The closest transmission match for this application would the Ford Focus RS system which would be ideal but the biggest problem is going to be controlling it's electronics. That got me to thinking if I can get my hands on a Focus RS to test I could in theory monitor the traffic through the canbus system which would give me something more to work off of. My idea right now is to essentially build a converter box of sorts that could in theory use the Juke electronics of the awd system to control the system for the Focus RS. The next step is to start capturing some data from my Juke and see where that gets me. It might be easier to work with a company like DCCD Pro and see if they can help me come up with something that could get me part of the way there.

Right now this all just me putting my ideas out there until I can get this project rolling. Ideally my end goal is around 300awhp while still being reliable with a manual transmission which would put it around where my Celica All-Trac will be but will be much more practical.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
The big issue I keep come back to with this swap is retaining the torque vectoring system makes the Juke corner so well. The closest transmission match for this application would the Ford Focus RS system which would be ideal but the biggest problem is going to be controlling it's electronics. That got me to thinking if I can get my hands on a Focus RS to test I could in theory monitor the traffic through the canbus system which would give me something more to work off of. My idea right now is to essentially build a converter box of sorts that could in theory use the Juke electronics of the awd system to control the system for the Focus RS. The next step is to start capturing some data from my Juke and see where that gets me. It might be easier to work with a company like DCCD Pro and see if they can help me come up with something that could get me part of the way there.

Right now this all just me putting my ideas out there until I can get this project rolling. Ideally my end goal is around 300awhp while still being reliable with a manual transmission which would put it around where my Celica All-Trac will be but will be much more practical.
Yeah its too bad there isnt a Nissan system that you could hack up and install. That means in North America at least.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yeah its too bad there isnt a Nissan system that you could hack up and install. That means in North America at least.
I'm sure I could find a Nissan awd system that would work, but it would work but it likely wouldn't offer torque vectoring which I would like to retain is possible. Honestly I would settle for a dual clutch transmission or maybe just a CVT that could more reliably take the power but that would likely make things more complicated.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Cool idea but would not work in the rain slush and frozen stuff.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Бro, I like your idea. I need the same. I need manual shift to my mr16ddt4wd. If you decide it. Tell me please!!!!
Buy a 6 speed Juke. It is WAY cheaper.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
It hasnt been done yet. So good luck.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts