Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I am mad! Just 500 miles on my Juke and now I have a squeek coming from the front left. Sounds like a suspension squeek on even the smallest bumps. Really high pitched and loud. I don't know if this is the sort of thing covered by my warranty. I will take it in to the local Nissan shop this weekend and see if they can do anything. It is such an annoying sound and turning up the stereo does not make it go away. :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
It should be covered under warranty. I think rattles would be hard to get them to fix but a squeek doesn't sound normal at all

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are you sure of the location of the squeak??

I have found in the past that annoying squeaks and rattles, etc., can be anywhere but the place you thought they emanated from??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is very high pitched and only happens when driving over very small bumps or any less than perfectly smooth road. It sounds like it is coming from the left front wheel well area but I can not be certain. I wish I could move my head and ears down to an area close to where I think the sound is but I can't do that and drive at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not the same as the squeak in the VW ad is it?

Google "VW ad squeak" I've not done enough posts to post the URL I'm afraid!

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is very high pitched and only happens when driving over very small bumps or any less than perfectly smooth road. It sounds like it is coming from the left front wheel well area but I can not be certain. I wish I could move my head and ears down to an area close to where I think the sound is but I can't do that and drive at the same time.
Have a friend drive and ride on the hood! Just lean down over the wheel well as he or she hits a few bumps :p

DISCLAIMER: This is a stupid idea

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Note to self, "do not follow tech info from Chromag" <scribble> <scribble>!
:D

Have a friend drive and ride on the hood! Just lean down over the wheel well as he or she hits a few bumps :p

DISCLAIMER: This is a stupid idea

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the technician at my local shop who just got back from "Juke School" fixed it in just a few minutes. Turns out my ability to localise high pitched sounds was quite lacking in that the sound was coming from the back seat at the seat belt where it was caught in an incorrect position from when I folded the deat down and back.
I am happy it is fixed and only feeling a LITTLE foolish for not being able to fix it myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's great to know! No worries, I would have done the same thing as you.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I think I would try to befriend the technician who went to "Juke School"!

Did you get a demonstration of the correct way to situate the seat belt when folding the seat up and down? And can you tell us?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think I would try to befriend the technician who went to "Juke School"!

Did you get a demonstration of the correct way to situate the seat belt when folding the seat up and down? And can you tell us?
I've found you just need to keep them from getting pinched when you put the seats back up. That's probably what happened.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love it. We were coming back from getting mine and I'd READ this thread... and the squeak started. My sister did not know why I was laughing so hard about it till I explained that it seems to be a "Known Issue". :D

~Rabbit

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My car also seems to have developed a squeek. Unfortunately it appears to be coming from near where the dash meets the windshield or just the dash itself. It doesn't always do it, but when it does it is very annoying.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My car also seems to have developed a squeek. Unfortunately it appears to be coming from near where the dash meets the windshield or just the dash itself. It doesn't always do it, but when it does it is very annoying.
GLAD to hear I am not the only one with this squeak! I do have a hypothesis as to the cause. I seem to hear it loudly when it is cold out, and when it has been warm (over 60), I think I can't hear it at all. From the location of the sound, I think it is the big windshield wiper rubbing against the windshield--the rubber gets hard in the cold air, so the wiper does not give when the car shakes from a bump or pothole or even a slight undulation in the road surface. When the rubber is warm, it gives and bends without moving on the windshield. I'm not sure how to test this theory out, yet, but I really think that that is the cause.

A good indicator that this is the cause is if many people have this squeak--as you would expect this to happen on any Juke. That's why I'm glad to hear it is not just me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try spraying WD40 lubricant into the seam where the two pieces of black plastic trim thet run across the bottom of the windshield meet right below the wiper blades.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have that little jingle, sounds like a small dog collar jangling.
It is the rear drivers side seat clasp and hook bar, need a bit of grease.
I sat in the back (all 6 feet of me, no problem) and worked the areas until I found the culprit. Fix to be don tomorrow or so...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey y'all,

I've definitely got a squeek. It seems to be coming from the front left wheel well too! Not sure what to do, but I'm thinking about jacking up my car and try to determine the source of the squeek. It seems like it has to be suspension or something with the control arm. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hey y'all,

I've definitely got a squeek. It seems to be coming from the front left wheel well too! Not sure what to do, but I'm thinking about jacking up my car and try to determine the source of the squeek. It seems like it has to be suspension or something with the control arm. Any suggestions?

Does your car have polyurethane swaybar bushings? Many people use them to tighten up the suspension and they work great for that. But if not greased regularly, they squeak. Putting a layer of UHMW tape around the bar where it contacts the bushing worked for me to stop the squeaking.

Based on the design of the control arms (flexing bushings, rather than turning), I doubt it is that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does your car have polyurethane swaybar bushings? Many people use them to tighten up the suspension and they work great for that. But if not greased regularly, they squeak. Putting a layer of UHMW tape around the bar where it contacts the bushing worked for me to stop the squeaking.

Based on the design of the control arms (flexing bushings, rather than turning), I doubt it is that.
I'm not sure. I will certainly check, but I just bought this car used a few months ago so I'm not too sure. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if that does the trick!

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
the fact it is cyclic in nature especially at lower speeds, I would guess it has something to do with wheel rub, tire rub, brakes/rotors rubbing, wheel hub bearing, cv joint or axle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts