Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a specific dealership for my last few cars...they priced a 1.6SL, CVT FWD for me at $29,994, all in...this is in canadian funds.

He claims this is a 4% margin...car costs $24,498 MSRP plus HST plus freight..makes sense...I know they are cheaper in the US..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been using a specific dealership for my last few cars...they priced a 1.6SL, CVT FWD for me at $29,994, all in...this is in canadian funds.

He claims this is a 4% margin...car costs $24,498 MSRP plus HST plus freight..makes sense...I know they are cheaper in the US..
Where in Canada are you, with 12% HST in BC i make that 29100 not 29994

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, Maple Nissan...401 Dixie wanted $31,300

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
there are not a lot of "deals" out there right now for the Juke because it's so new, but you shouldn't be paying any margin over MSRP; on most car sales, quite the contrary. I recommend the website carbuyingtips.com which has really good explanations of dealder costs, incentives, and pricing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey Dan, I just price it out on the website and see what the base MSRP should be with your local taxes, the you can see if you are getting hosed or not

·
Registered
447 Posts
People here are paying $2000-$3000 over MSRP due to supply/demand. I consider my SV AWD a STEAL at $100 under MSRP. Ha!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,

In Canada, the pricing is inflated...I would be shocked if anyone in Canada got an SL CVT FWD (no nav or leather) for under $29K CAD

·
Registered
51 Posts
SL FWD CVT - MSRP $24848 + $1560 freight +$100 Air Tax +$3433 HST =$29941 MSRP

Dealers charge $395 for Admin (etching they call it) + there is a tire tax and a Licence tax. So $29900 is close to list minus the Admin charge

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that including Nav as well, or just base SL model?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Wow, what is with all those extra charges. Crap, I was upset with the $270 documentation fee and taxes.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
NO ETCHING! All VIN etching fees are bogus, and I take exception to paying any kind of "administrative fee." That's their overhead.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I think I had VIN etching done on my Charger, but that was part of the optional extended warranty that I purchased with it. I wouldn't have paid for it otherwise. Isn't that where they engrave the VIN# a bunch of different places on the car?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is that including Nav as well, or just base SL model?
That's without the Nav like you said. Nav adds quite a bit more as it comes with leather seats and such..

As to the Etching/admin fee, it is next to impossible to try and get this off - they will many times lower the cost of the car, then still show the admin fee because the dealer owners want to see that fee. The etching is really bogus - it just gives them an excuse for their doc.. fee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts