Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
What do you guys think? Enough power or will it underperform?
It is underpower...well at least for me, I drive a car with a v6 engine so juke would be under power but juke has more power than anything in its class.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Its powerful enough for itself. You have to remember people that are looking at this car aren't really looking for sports car performance. They want something practical with a little bit of extra space that has a little get up and go power. If I wanted something fast I wouldnt be looking at a crossover. That's what my 320hp twin turbo gtr is for. This would be my daily driver/grocery getter.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
It's gonna be powered enough, but don't forget this will be an eco engine nog a high preformance one.
But I can't wait when the engine is on the market for a year, soon there will be enough ecu tuning possible, so from eco we go to more preformance ;)

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Please, can you explain what you want to tell, I can understand.

can't or can?

What I am trying to say is that in Europe manufactures are now make smaller engines with enough or even more power.
This because off the emmission and the tax advantage you can get nowadays.

For example is the new Golf 6. it has a 1400cc engine with compressor and turbo and give a 170bHP.
That is even more than the conventional 2000cc engines. The modern 2000cc engine have a turbo and are pulling out over the 200bHP.

so for the same amount of bHP's you'll get a smaller enigine with better ermmisions for the enviorment (plus in a some country's you'll pay less tax then)

·
Registered
131 Posts
can't or can?

What I am trying to say is that in Europe manufactures are now make smaller engines with enough or even more power.
This because off the emmission and the tax advantage you can get nowadays.

For example is the new Golf 6. it has a 1400cc engine with compressor and turbo and give a 170bHP.
That is even more than the conventional 2000cc engines. The modern 2000cc engine have a turbo and are pulling out over the 200bHP.

so for the same amount of bHP's you'll get a smaller enigine with better ermmisions for the enviorment (plus in a some country's you'll pay less tax then)
Everyone there is going smaller and smaller. Even BMW is starting to fall victim to this. They're thinking of ditching all their V8 engines and even swapping tuboed four cylinder engines in exchange of their V6 engines. Either way its all about the numbers in the end. HP and production cost numbers....

·
Registered
447 Posts
I will be getting the Juke at the end of my 39 month 350z lease, I'm expecting a big hit but a $35,000 sports car is not in my budget. I think it will be quick and agile for the money.

Throw in a decent exhaust, an ECU tweak, and maybe some turbo upgrades, and i bet getting the Juke to 220+hp won't be an issue and the CVT could handle it fine.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I will be getting the Juke at the end of my 39 month 350z lease, I'm expecting a big hit but a $35,000 sports car is not in my budget. I think it will be quick and agile for the money.

Throw in a decent exhaust, an ECU tweak, and maybe some turbo upgrades, and i bet getting the Juke to 220+hp won't be an issue and the CVT could handle it fine.

for me a reason not to take the cvt, cos with this beatiful engines there will be allot of tuning going on. especially ecu tweeking problably

·
Registered
447 Posts
for me a reason not to take the cvt, cos with this beatiful engines there will be allot of tuning going on. especially ecu tweeking problably
The CVT will cope just fine with moderate tuning, even then, there's more than a few things you can do to beef up the CVT to handle a bit more force. I wouldn't expect 300 out of it, but 200-240 range should be fine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The CVT will cope just fine with moderate tuning, even then, there's more than a few things you can do to beef up the CVT to handle a bit more force. I wouldn't expect 300 out of it, but 200-240 range should be fine.
You're completely right. The CVT is more than capable of handling that extra power. Plus to get the Juke at over 300hp will cost a lot of money and at that price point you can certainly afford to install a beefier manual transmission in the Juke.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
totally true.

but for so far I know, i am still not impressed of the old cvt from nissan.

still hope the new version like on the juke will do better.

more a fan of the DSG system from vw or like in the gt-r the dubble clutch system

·
Registered
447 Posts
I really wish the Juke offered a DSG/Dual Clutch system as an option -- I'd gladly pay for it, but it is what it is. THE Tq Vectoring AWD system is the star here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts