Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Canada.
Bought a 2016 SL AWD Juke just last June with 58k on it. I am worried the repair costs are going to keep piling up.

I have been to my mechanic shop four or five times in the past year. I bought this car hoping that it would last me and I wouldn’t have to worry about running it to the dealership, however I have done that twice already for major repairs.

The first one was for a sensor error, it cost almost $1000 to fix. This happened less than 2 months of driving it. Then this year in June, my transmission went and that was a 3-4000 fix which was thankfully covered by warranty.

Now this morning I have another sensor gauge going off and I am absolutely sick over this car. My last car was a 2008 Kia Rio5 that I bought at 8 years old, never did anything to it except regular maintenance and it lasted me no problems for 5 years.

Is this a common thing with Jukes? I thought I had done my research beforehand but quite frankly I’m worried that I don’t have a reliable car—and can’t afford to keep putting a few hundred here and there every couple months. I don’t want to trade to another Nissan right about now either.

Am I just having a bad year and a half with this thing? Or should I cut my losses, sell on Kijiji and get a less expensive vehicle?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sorry about your luck. My 2016 SL has been a dream. Only issue we've had with my wife's 2016 SV was a bad 02 sensor after the turbo but that was replaced under warranty. Perhaps you got a lemon but who knows. Really sucks about the transmission going - but didn't cost you anything other than inconvenience. What was the first sensor that went out of curiosity?

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
How about some more info ?

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Sorry to hear that but I'd say it's pretty uncommon, the Juke has good reliability ratings based on compiled data and anecdotal evidence. I drive my RS pretty hard, albeit I take really good care of her, and have had no issues in 6 years so far knock on wood. Only thing that ever happened is right when I got it I noticed the mating between the CVT and transfer case was seeping veeeery slowly. They replaced the seal and it was good to go.

What sensor was it that failed initially? How did you know your transmission was failing and wasn't just in need of new fluid or a simple throttle body replacement? Granted I'm not claiming it's what happened in your case but mechanics will often happily part people from their money if they aren't very knowledgeable about their cars, and dealerships for sure will gladly do unnecessary work on a car they just sold you either used or new because Nissan pays them a handsome labor rate so long as it's under warranty. I don't doubt that a huge number of Nissan CVTs have been replaced when all they needed was new fluid or a throttle body swap.

I'm also a little surprised at the $1000 sensor. I can't think of a single sensor in the car that costs $1000 to have someone replace it.

Is the car acting up at all? Check engine light on? If so head to an O'Reilly or Advance Auto or NAPA and they will gladly scan it for free and give you the error code. Or you can buy a cheap Bluetooth or WiFi OBDII adapter (like $15ish) on the internet and use an app like Torque Pro or CVTz50 to get the code, and then you'll have a useful diagnostic tool in your possession for the future if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts