Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well all I can say is wow!

What a difference this makes, hesitation gone, shuddering gone and feels like someone just bolted in a new CVT.

Initially driving slow roads, didn't notice any difference but take it out on a motorway / freeway and you will see.

Wish I had done this sooner.

I'm also sure it was overfilled from new as the level wasn't right when I drained it.

If anyone needs detailed steps on how to do this, let me know why it's still fresh in my mind and I will try and guide you.

·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
You should do it one more time to get more fresh oil in. You only drain out about 1/2 the old oil.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really wanted to do it once more but had to do a full service at the same time and that's hit my wallet.

Do you think it would do until the next change?

Looking about 15k miles before I can do it again.

It's running so well at the moment but definitely want to keep the performance boost.

Looking on ebay I could get just the fluid for about £140, plus I still have 1L spare from the last change.

I suppose if I did do it one more than at least I wouldn't have to change the filters again so that's something.

·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
You will be fine. The fluid does cost a pretty penny (pound lol). Its easy for us to say change it twice when we are not paying for it.

The filters should be good for a while.

Glad she is running well.

Nissan CVTs are a strange beast. Some run forever with no care. Some die with multiple fluid changes and being pampered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To DIY: basically, remove the drain plug, measure how much fluid comes out, put slightly less than that back in through the dipstick tube, warm up the transmission, measure the level and top off if needed. More detail is available in other threads.

Not hard at all. You can get a bit more out if you turn the car off in gear and shift slowly back and forth between drive, neutral and reverse, then jack up the rear of the car after the plug is out and wait till it completely stops dripping (but that is going beyond what the dealer does). If you use Valvoline off Amazon, it will cost you less than $60.
Do you not have to replace the filter?

·
Administrator
12,820 Posts
Replace the filter. If you have 60,000-100,000 miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts