Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2016 SV 6MT, I've experienced this only 2 or 3 times over the 3 years I've had mine. Is there a sensor for the clutch pedal that senses that it is compressed as you have to have your foot all the way down on the clutch to start the car. The 2 or 3 times that it happened to me was because I thought that I compressed the clutch all the way to the ground, but in fact I didn't. If there is a sensor, could that be gone?

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
That is true if its a Manual and the CVT uses the same idea but on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah it's a 6 speed. That's exactly what it sounds like. Ha, but if they want to keep throwing parts at it, fine by me. There the ones paying for it. They gave me a 2019 Sentra to put around in while fixing it so I'm putting some miles on this gutless thing. I suppose the clutch could be the issue but it turns over even with the clutch fully depressed. I made sure to push the pedal app the way to the floor. We will have to see what happens.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got a call from dealership yesterday. Everything seems to be working with new ECU. So. Guess that was what was happening. Interesting.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Wow.

Well the Juke has had some main wiring harness failures due to a short here and there over time. I hope this is not the case and it starts malfunctioning again.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey everyone. So I got it back it back from the dealer. Running good and starting. Here's the dealer sheets so you guys can check it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Nice! Glad they did all that and its running/starting well. Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Well thats a huge relief.

I hope its not the connector to the ECU. Since they wiggled it. Time will tell but at least you can wiggle it if the problem comes up.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just an update in case anyone comes across this and has the same issue. I totally forgot to add. It wasn’t the ecu, fuel pump or anything like that. Some d-hole installed an aftermarket vala box under the dash. Wiring was spliced into the ignition and god knows where. I ripped it out years ago after I got the car back and noticed a bunch of wires hanging down. When they replaced the ECU they disconnected it and never actually removed the box.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Just an update in case anyone comes across this and has the same issue. I totally forgot to add. It wasn’t the ecu, fuel pump or anything like that. Some d-hole installed an aftermarket vala box under the dash. Wiring was spliced into the ignition and god knows where. I ripped it out years ago after I got the car back and noticed a bunch of wires hanging down. When they replaced the ECU they disconnected it and never actually removed the box.
Thats a relief.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Crazy how people are willing to strap crap like that to their car.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts