Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched through and haven't been able to find anything about this. I have seen other posts about rattling issues but not in the spot where I am having the problem. I haven't been able to search much for this because I don't know the name of the part that's rattling. It is the lining that the tweeter is attached to in between the windshield and passenger side window. If I push on it, I can feel that the whole strip is loose. Does anyone know how to tighten this part down?

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a little bit of rattling also.. It's somewhere on the passenger door. Closer to the bottom by the speaker and is Highup is the doorhandle

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
I have searched through and haven't been able to find anything about this. I have seen other posts about rattling issues but not in the spot where I am having the problem. I haven't been able to search much for this because I don't know the name of the part that's rattling. It is the lining that the tweeter is attached to in between the windshield and passenger side window. If I push on it, I can feel that the whole strip is loose. Does anyone know how to tighten this part down?

It's called an A-Pillar (GARNISH ASSY-FRONT PILLAR)

Maybe this link will help:

Ticking sound (FIXED)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's called an A-Pillar (GARNISH ASSY-FRONT PILLAR)

Maybe this link will help:

Ticking sound (FIXED)

Thanks! I'm not sure if that's what it making the noise but I might end up doing what they did or putting felt strips between the metal pieces like they said the dealer does. I will have to do some more investigation of my own to rule out it being the plastic cover itself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I tried removing the a pillar but didn't have any luck. I couldn't figure out how to remove it from the green clip holding it in. From what I've read, you're supposed to leave the clips attached to the car but I wasn't able to get it disconnected from the plastic pillar.

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
I think you ruin the clips when you remove the A-Pillar. Check EverythingNissan.com to get new clips.

The clips are designed to release the A-Pillar for the window airbags but not let it fly off and hit you. That is why the clips can only be used once. Your dealer may have those clips also. They are easy to install and the A-Pillar will just snap into place.

I know when you order the electronic mirror, you have to route the wires down the A-Pillar and that kit gives you new attachment clips. The instructions on how to remove and install the A-Pillar are included in the Mirror instructions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you ruin the clips when you remove the A-Pillar. Check EverythingNissan.com to get new clips.

The clips are designed to release the A-Pillar for the window airbags but not let it fly off and hit you. That is why the clips can only be used once. Your dealer may have those clips also. They are easy to install and the A-Pillar will just snap into place.

I know when you order the electronic mirror, you have to route the wires down the A-Pillar and that kit gives you new attachment clips. The instructions on how to remove and install the A-Pillar are included in the Mirror instructions.
Ah ok, that makes more sense. I think I will just let it be for now. After pulling the pillar off (partially anyway) and re-attaching it, it seems to have fixed the rattling issue. Hard to say though, we'll see what happens over the next week or so.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've had a bad rattle that I've thought is coming from the dash somewhere but haven't been able to find it. I'll be sure to check the A-Pillar.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update : I have yet to fix the vibration. I pulled the pillar back again and tried adding some felt strips around the edge of the tweeter thinking that it was the pillar hitting the tweeter causing the noise. That wasn't it and I have isolated the vibration to the bottom end of the pillar down towards the dash. The pillar has some play and moves back and forth just slightly which is causing it to vibrate against something that I can't get to without taking it completely off. The drivers side doesn't move so my next step would be taking it into nissan or getting a replacement clip so I can remove the pillar to fix the problem and reattach it myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts