Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Juke to replace my current daily driving vehicle. I drove two of them this past weekend from two different dealerships. I drove the SV and then the S. Neither dealership had an SL unfortunately since that's the one I'm considering.

I noticed something at the second dealership with the Juke S that left me feeling a bit disappointed. Unlike the first one, they were charging a $2,000 "Introductory Model Fee" over the sticker price. Is this normal for Nissan or other dealerships!?

Other than that the Juke itself was great. The SV (with AWD) had already been purchased so all I got to do was tool around in the parking lot. I got to take the S (FWD) out on the open road and I was impressed by the 4 cyl. I currently drive a Mustang GT but need to move to something more "sensible" and I was worried about going from 8 cylinders to 4 but I was quite surprised.

That being said I was a bit curious to find out if this $2K "fee" was something normal or if it was the dealer being shady.

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well "normal" in the sense that they'll try to get the most they can from an in-demand model, but still shady.

Try another dealer. Actually when you go to actually buy, forget negotiating in person. Just get quotes on the internet through edmunds/autotrader/etc. They know you're getting multiple quotes and are looking at a researched market price at that point and don't play games. Also some buying services out there from credit unions and such, even Costco. Welcome to Costco Auto Program

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
total b.s.--it's just a markup. Go elsewhere. Or wait a bit until the frenzy has died down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well "normal" in the sense that they'll try to get the most they can from an in-demand model, but still shady.

Try another dealer. Actually when you go to actually buy, forget negotiating in person. Just get quotes on the internet through edmunds/autotrader/etc. They know you're getting multiple quotes and are looking at a researched market price at that point and don't play games. Also some buying services out there from credit unions and such, even Costco. Welcome to Costco Auto Program
I'll take a look into that. Thanks for the info!

total b.s.--it's just a markup. Go elsewhere. Or wait a bit until the frenzy has died down.
Yeah I don't absolutely HAVE to purchase anything right now. I'm planning on waiting until the end of the year to pull the trigger. I wasn't a big fan of that dealership anyway. I had a bad experience with their service department a few years ago when I took my Armada there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It was the dealer being shady and anything else he can successfully B.S. you into paying!!

If that happened here, I would report the dealership to Nissan Madrid and explain that not only would I never use that dealership again but request their advice on the steps they would take to remedy the situation?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the dealer being shady and anything else he can successfully B.S. you into paying!!

If that happened here, I would report the dealership to Nissan Madrid and explain that not only would I never use that dealership again but request their advice on the steps they would take to remedy the situation?
I thought about contacting Nissan US about it but I didn't want to look like an idiot if this is some common thing dealerships do.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I asked my dealer about that before I bought mine, and he said it was something that some dealers will do, but that Nissan looks down on it. He said he was unaware of his dealership ever doing that. So, in other words, find a new dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with everyone...don't let them use that new model stuff on you and if they do and won't budge...walk! Not all do this...it's new so they figure they have you if you want it bad!

·
Registered
122 Posts
It can happened, but not for a car like juke. Some dealers did do that for cars like GT-R and Z when they were out. I remember back in 2003 when the 350Z's came out they were some dealerships in chicago charging $3K to $5K over sticker for the same reason and since mine was pre order cost me the sticker price. But not juke...Do not fall for it. Tell them you will wait.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is "normal" in the sense that it occurs often for new models. Also, I do not know that contacting Nissan USA will do much if anything. I am 100% certain they are aware of it. How? I live outside Nashville, TN and was by the dealer that is within a couple miles of the Nissan HQ and they had a "market adjustment" of $1899.95. See attached Picture...

JukeSticker.jpg

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Is that an SL? If so, I would love to ask how the dealer installed Fog Lights on it, when they come standard. If it isn't, I would love to ask how the dealer installed fog lights because I would love to have them in my car.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It is an SV. I took some pictures of the vehicle, but none of them show the fog lights. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out... Doh. I am not buying from this dealer though. Just went by too look on Sunday when nobody was there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is "normal" in the sense that it occurs often for new models. Also, I do not know that contacting Nissan USA will do much if anything. I am 100% certain they are aware of it. How? I live outside Nashville, TN and was by the dealer that is within a couple miles of the Nissan HQ and they had a "market adjustment" of $1899.95. See attached Picture...

View attachment 37163
Thanks for that info. I wasn't planning on buying from that dealership anyway but was curious if this is standard operating procedure for new models. I like how your dealer just hand wrote the sticker. They did the same at mine - just some scratched in $2,000 with a new hand written total.

However the first dealership did not. The sticker for the SV with navigation (and I think awd) was just over $23K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts