Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Injen Cold Air Intake and Short Ram Intake Info

95K views 104 replies 51 participants last post by  Macgyver 
#1 · (Edited)
Just some info on the Injen CAI and SRI Intake. I didn't realize the filter size was different between the two.
It makes sense due to the tighter engine compartment clearances when using the SRI.

Please add to this thread if you have more info.

Injen Online Replacement Airfilters, Hardware, Hoses, Hydroshields, Apparel, Stickers etc.

Not a plug for AutoAnything. This video is on Injen's facebook site.

SP Series with MR Tecnology

Injen SP Series Cold Air Intake SP-1900 (CAI)
Available in Polished, Black and Red

Injen CAI Filter X-1013BB
Web Nano-Fiber Dry Filter

Injen CAI Hydro Shield X-1033

Injen SP Series Short Ram Intake SP-1902 (SRI)
Available in Polished, Black and Red

Injen SRI Filter X-1020BB
Web Nano-Fiber Dry Filter

Injen SRI Hydro Shield X-1035

Dyno- 2011 Nissan Juke 1.6L Turbo CVT

Injen/Amsoil Filter Specs

*INJ-X-1013BB = CAI Cold Air Intake Filter
*INJ-X-1020BB = SRI Short Ram Intake Filter
SOURCE

INSTALL:

Install Instructions for Injen SP Series SP1900 CAI-Cold Air Intake

Install Instruction VIDEO for Injen SP Series SP1902-Short Ram Intake

See less See more
2 9
#5 ·
Good write up!
Any idea what brand that strut bar is? It doesn't look like an Injen bar to me... but I could be wrong.

#7 ·
It is the yet to be released injen

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#8 ·
You can also get the replacement aux tube in black wrinkle finish. The strut bar was supposed to be out at the end of April, so it's anyone's guess now.

#13 ·
So none of the STBs out now fit with the CAIs? At least, without modification?

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.

#14 ·
Nope, have to modify for the CAI. Injen is supposed to be releasing one soon that works with the CAI.

#16 ·
Anyone have the SRI instructions? I can see the CAI but can't seem to find the short ram ones.

#18 ·
On average, drivers will see a 1-2mpg improvement.
There's a catch, though. Many drivers trade their limiting air intake for a performance air intake and can't resist using every bit of the horsepower and throttle gains. They'll drive like mad to the grocery store. They might peel-out at stoplights. Or even race the cops. It's called hard driving, and it's the fastest way to burn-up the gas mileage improvements provided by a performance air intake. Your best bet is to keep your driving habits relatively unchanged, enjoy the extra power at the pedal, and collect on the gas mileage savings.

What can a new air intake do for my vehicle?
A guide from AutoAnything

#20 · (Edited)
I installed the Hydroshield the other day. Was easy as putting icing on a cake. Noticed no difference in performance once on. Glad I installed it. The day after, I went home during a nasty rain storm. No problems at all. If your going to get a cai, then err on the side of caution & get this add on. I paid $18.00 for mine & with shipping, total was, $25.00 Cheap insurance!

#23 ·
Thanks, just being cautious since I don't know if they added anything in that part of the bay.

#24 · (Edited)
CAI dont suit EU(Russia) CVT Juke, because under bumper no space, CVT radiator inside.

#25 ·
CAI dont suit EU CVT Juke, because under bumper no space, CVT radiator inside.
Do you have a picture? The filter should fit in the same place the stock intake "snorkel" fit originally.

#26 ·
Supplied Injen Coupler Too Short? Here's An Alternative

When installing the SRI, It appears that you still see a gap where the silicone coupler meets either end. You have to adjust it equally on both sides. It still works but you become uncomfortable thinking it might pop off because the hose clamp is right on the edges. Some have wondered why Injen supplied them with a short silicone coupler. 2.00" I.D x 1.75" length.

Here is a quick fix for the perfectionist that has to have that gap eliminated and have piece of mind.
You need a 2.00" I.D x 2.00" Length.

The Turbosmart thickness appears to be one ply thicker. (possibly overkill) It was inexpensive enough for me.
I trimmed it to a true 2.00 inch in length and it fit/clamped perfect, enough play to ensure clearances all around the intake.
Any longer and you compromise the other end of the SRI.

Hopefully this could solve any potential issues others might have with installation.

Injen 2.00 I.D Silicone Hose needed to be 2.00 in length. NOT 1.75 inches.

Injen Silicone Coupler 2.00 I.D (Cross Section)

Turbosmart Silicone Coupler 2.00 I.D (Cross section)

Any Silicone Coupler hose with a 2.00 Inside Diameter would work. The Turbosmart had more plies/layers than the Injen.
Try to get the shortest piece possible because you only need 2 inches of it. Trim it down with a blade (It cuts cleanly) and it's good to go. The smallest length I could get was 3 inches.

Turbo Smart TS-HS200075-BK

Buy Online:
Turbo Smart Silicone Couplers TS-HS200075-BK (Summit Racing)

2.0" Silicone Straight Coupler, Black (Silicone Hoses)

2.0" Silicone Straight Coupler, Red (Silicone Hoses)

2.0" Silicone Straight Coupler, Blue (Silicone Hoses)

#28 ·
What is the small piece of piping welded inside of the injen short ram intake? Does anybody know....

#30 ·
Awesome thanks!

#32 ·
Has anyone written a DIY for the Injen CAI? Just curious cause Injen says I have to remove the wheel and the Wheel cover. Not sure if that is actually needed.

#33 ·
Yes you have to remove the wheel to remove the front part of the fender liner to get access to install the filter and bracket. Otherwise it would be extremely difficult.

#35 ·
You don't have to remove the wheel or fender liner. I installed mine by just turning the steering wheel all the way to the left (driver side) and I removed 4 clips on the fender liner. You need a flat screw driver to push up on the center of the clip, then you can remove them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.