Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought an injen cold air intake and stallen axle back got a couple questions would i need to chip/tune my car when they are installed and would the cold air intake b ok to use in the winter or should i put my stock back on when the snow hits ?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
i just bought an injen cold air intake and stallen axle back got a couple questions would i need to chip/tune my car when they are installed and would the cold air intake b ok to use in the winter or should i put my stock back on when the snow hits ?
These simple bolt ons you mention work fine without a tune no matter the season. Those that installed full bolt ons and acquired a tune, report the Juke really comes alive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a af dynamic intake on my 2016 juke nismo rs installed to today . But the problem is it idles ruff and stumbles at the light . And drives slow also feels like the transmission is catching up. I didn't touch the map sensor .also tried to disconnect the battery and nothing. Do you think it's the intake do to the fact to much air hitting the mapp sensor .Or should I get a little longer one like a injen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a af dynamic intake on my 2016 juke nismo rs installed to today . But the problem is it idles ruff and stumbles at the light . And drives slow also feels like the transmission is catching up. I didn't touch the map sensor .also tried to disconnect the battery and nothing. Do you think it's the intake do to the fact to much air hitting the mapp sensor .Or should I get a little longer one like a injen.

I have had no issues with the CAI from Injen. Sounds great, gives a little turbo lift off dump under load also. Great induction kit and added a few hp on our dyno also. one of the very few induction kits on a car I have seen that actually genuinely added some BHP.

The simple answer to your question is, if you put your stock intake back on and the light doesn't come back on after it has been cleared with a diagnostic machine then its your new induction kit thats at fault.

There is a reason 95% or more inductions kits people use for the juke are the injen one. it looks great, it sounds great, its a simple (ish lol) bolt on... and it works without a single fault.

30,000 miles with mine fitted and its still great. had to clean the special weather and dirt resistant sock on that protects the filter twice since in the last two years. thats it!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
A few of us have the Nismo CAI - highly recommend.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Question, I'm looking at buying the SRI and ive searched by the model number and I find it without problem, but on Injen's website, amazon etc where I input what year/make/model I drive, it only lists the CAI and says the SRI isn't compatible. I'm just curious as to why, anyone know?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Question, I'm looking at buying the SRI and ive searched by the model number and I find it without problem, but on Injen's website, amazon etc where I input what year/make/model I drive, it only lists the CAI and says the SRI isn't compatible. I'm just curious as to why, anyone know?
Sounds like a glitch - or the universe telling you to go CAI. lol Buy the SRI - it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone new to my Juke and starting to look in to mods is there any difference between a CAI & SRI or is one better than the other or is it just preference ? I live in the snowy area Upstate New York not sure which one I should pick this is why I'm asking. I appreciate the help.

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
Hi everyone new to my Juke and starting to look in to mods is there any difference between a CAI & SRI or is one better than the other or is it just preference ? I live in the snowy area Upstate New York not sure which one I should pick this is why I'm asking. I appreciate the help.
pick either one and you will be happy. I picked an sri because it was cheaper

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the af sri as well put it on My 2013 nismo it has rough idle stalled out a few times and its now throwing a code for MAF sensor and running too lean Im pulling it off and sending it back. going to try a injen one will let you know if I have a problem with it

·
Super Moderator
10,527 Posts
The Injen one has a small pipe on the inside near the MAF that smooths the airflow over the MAF. The Jukes MAF is sensitive. I dont think others do this and thats why they have problems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Based off the tips on this forum, I found a silicone hose left over from my jet boat days, I trimmed it to 2.5 in. based on a mock up and location of the brackets for a decent alignment. I wasn`t jiggy with the sort of floppy movement of the set up, so I fabbed up a support bracket. This helped it and still allows flex.

My only complaint is the fitment of the air filter element. For best fitment and no contact on any surrounding body parts the filter is pushed on quite a bit, rather than just over the shoulder/lip if the tube... otherwise this SRI is just ok quality wise...

·
Super Moderator
10,527 Posts
Nice mods. I did sorta the same thing with my Pipe mount. Macgyverd

If you hear a rattle. The two metal pipes are touching on the inside of the blue section. It happens.

·
Registered
414 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sending a bump to all you guys. I just purchased a 14 juke, AWD, and want to start with simple and relatively easy mods. Looking for small performance increase and figured that a CAI or SRI would be an easy enough start... since you guys have had years and experience can I get some feedback!? What do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to here you blow off valve

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
All the cold air brands are good! The short rams are where the fun is tho because of how loud they can be

·
Super Moderator
10,527 Posts
Exhaust side is where any bolt on gains will be.

·
Vendor
403 Posts
The best results in performance improvement can be achieved by installing both Air intake and exhaust systems. While performance air intake allows delivering more cold air to your engine and performance exhaust provides fewer restrictions on the way of the exhaust gases which results in the improvement of the overall flow.
You can check available air intakes for Juke here: https://www.carid.com/2014-nissan-juke-air-intakes/ I would recommend to look at the Injen SP Series cold air intake or K&N® 69 Series Typhoon

Juke performance exhausts are available here: https://www.carid.com/2014-nissan-juke-exhaust-systems/ HKS, Takeda, Greddy and Injen make awesome exhausts that guarantee a perofrmance improvement, but I would suggest choosing one basing on the sound that you like the most. There are base sound samples on our site, plus you can search them on Youtube and listen to the sound.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts