Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys! Is there anyone out there like me that has a 2015 AWD Nismo? If so I'm wondering what you've heard about availability regarding Injen's (Or any other brand's) SRI. Right now I'm being told that it won't work on the 2015, so I just thought I'd shake the trees here and see what falls out.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
A member here has done this, but he never posted any pics. He said he had to modify the mounting point. The '15 Nismo doesn't have the vent hose like 11-14 Jukes, so you will have to cover up the hole on the Injen tube, too. If you had bought a RS, then it would have dropped in without any modifications. The RS uses the same engine as the '11-14 Jukes. All other '15 Jukes use the updated engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The CAI just arrived today from Impact Racing Zone - I'm really excited to install it, but it will have to wait until Saturday. I ordered the wrinkle red (CAI: SP1900WR, Adaptor: SES1901WR) to match my black/red interior, and the black hydroshield.

This will be installed on a 2013 Nissan Juke CVT with the 2JRacing lightweight pulley already installed. Here is what all came in the box (paper instructions not shown):

Update 2015/05/09, Part 1:
Installed!

I have some great pics of the step-by-step. When I have some time, I'd like to throw together a how-to - perhaps in separate post.

My first impressions are "Wow!" I had never installed a CAI before and definitely noticed a difference in performance. The turbo spins up significantly sooner and is more audible than it was before. Can't wait to put some mileage on it and see how it holds up.

Update 2015/05/09, Part 2:
Noticed a significant vibration and louder than normal engine sounds at lower speeds when accelerating. After reading the threads by Kraig66 and Unklhefe, seems I need to do some re-adjusting Sunday morning. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey guys! Is there anyone out there like me that has a 2015 AWD Nismo? If so I'm wondering what you've heard about availability regarding Injen's (Or any other brand's) SRI. Right now I'm being told that it won't work on the 2015, so I just thought I'd shake the trees here and see what falls out.

Thanks!

I have a 2015 AWD Nismo RS. It fits with the RS, and works great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought the Injen SRI for my 2015 SV, was installing it but like GrumpyShihTzu said, there is no vent hose on the oem intake. So do I just plug up the nipple on the Injen?
Also, what is the difference between 2014 and 2015 engine?
Sorry for all the questions, just bought the Juke last month.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Yes, you have to plug up the nipple. If you don't, you'll have air venting into the atmosphere after the MAF sensor has read it. That's a no no.

As for your other question, the '15 have the updated engine. So everything under the hood is different.....intercooler piping, intake, turbo housing, and diverter valve. Right now, no one is making parts for the '15. The only '15 that has the old engine is the RS.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I see, thank you. I was wondering why the Injen intake didn't line up correctly to the turbo.
I see by your post that someone has fitted it on a '15 with some modifications to the mounting point (same issues here) plus the end connecting to turbo side seems off.
If anyone has done it please help, otherwise I will have to sell it for cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I see, thank you. I was wondering why the Injen intake didn't line up correctly to the turbo.
I see by your post that someone has fitted it on a '15 with some modifications to the mounting point (same issues here) plus the end connecting to turbo side seems off.
If anyone has done it please help, otherwise I will have to sell it for cheap.
Post pics of the problems that you're having. It might help others know what they're getting into and we can see if we can troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice.. I would like to ask if what do you call those thing you change to your Juke, aside from air intake? and do you know where you can attach the ''synapse dv'' to juke nismo 2015? coz on youtube its in different place like 2013-2014 model I think.. thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
nice.. I would like to ask if what do you call those thing you change to your Juke, aside from air intake? and do you know where you can attach the ''synapse dv'' to juke nismo 2015? coz on youtube its in different place like 2013-2014 model I think.. thanks
For 2015 regular Jukes, they changed the DV and now I thought it was built in or something like that. Becuase of this, I do not believe the Synapse DV will fit the post 2014 models unless it's an RS since that is using the same engine as the past models.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
You can't swap it. It's built into the turbo housing. Nissan redesigned the engine for the 2015 Juke. The RS is the only one that still uses the older engine.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
People have been using the Injen CAI for four years or so, in all climates, some with the sheild and some without. There have been no reports of anyone having a problem and you know if someone did, they'd post about it. I only get concerned driving through flooded areas during flash floods or when storm sewers get blocked with snow and ice.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts