Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A lot of Nissans utilize the same mounting points for brake calipers.

The B15 Sentra Spec-Vs (2002-2006) can use the N/A 1990 Z32 brake calipers (26mm) without any modification made to bolt them on, and they DO NOT REQUIRE A 240 BRACKET (they do however require machined rotors and conversion lines). Those calipers are also used as upgrades on S13s, and S14s with almost no fab work. Essentially, those calipers are also used as upgrades on 1987-1989 300ZX turbos.

The 2004-2006 Spec-Vs came with a Brembo option that can be used on other cars (240s, Z31s, etc...). I would not be surprised if those Brembos weren't direct bolt ons for the Juke. If the Z32 calipers mount up to the Juke with no issues, then the Brembos will as well.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Brackets need to be made so precisely. Our best bet is to see if anything is a direct bolt on. Spec-V Brembos, Z32s (26mm), and Q45s (2-pot brakes) are all interchangeable (S13s, S14s, P10s, P11s are also included). Even some Maximas are interchangeable with all these.

The chances of the Juke following this pattern is pretty good. It is just going to require someone who has an extra big caliper to try and bolt it on to the Juke. At that point it is a mater of finding the proper rotors (Z32/Z33 rotors are always good choices) and getting some conversion lines.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Ok guys, I'm diving into this project. I just picked up a 370z rotor from Pep Boys, I've got a set of rebuilt Z32 calipers coming from Advanced Auto Parts, and some StopTech Z32 ceramic pads. All told, I'm $270 into this project (including shipping) and I'm only one rotor, two brackets and some misc hardware away from a big brake kit for the Juke. This is using all new (or rebuilt hardware).

So the plan is that I'll be prototyping these brackets out of ABS plastic and then designing the actual brackets in e-machineshop's design software (I'm stealing your idea bzzeigler). These brackets will be CNC cut out of aluminum (with steel thread inserts) or steel, depending on cost. I figure that the total cost will be under $400, and if it all works out, I'll be putting together Z32 bracket kits and offering them to you all for reasonable price.
Why not just see first if the Z32s will just bolt on the Juke, as they bolt on to many other Nissan vehicles. Also what kind of Z32s did you get, 26mm or 30mm?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Don't those other vehicles also have the same size rotor as the Z32s?

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.
Nope. In fact to make the Z32s work with a Sentra, the Sentra rotors (which are 4 lug) have to be machined down to 10 3/4 inch in diameter.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Stage 1. I wasn't paying 700$ more for the stage 2 kit which basically is the Stage 1 with bigger rotors. Seems crazy in my opinion.

The Stage 1 with EBC rotors looks just as good and should perform very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts