Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While browsing for Juke parts via Google’s .co.jp search engine, I ran across this:

nissan ¼Þ­°¸�EF15�@ÌÛÝÄËÞ¯¸ÞÛ°À°kit
Google Translate

It’s a big brake kit that utilizes off the shelf parts from other Nissan products and adapts them for the Juke. The calipers come from the often cannibalized 1990-96 Nissan 300ZX (Z32) front brakes and the rotors are donated from the new 370Z (Z34; standard, not sport). These parts are readily available and cheap, in comparison the other Big Brake Kits that are currently available for the Juke. The kit also includes adapter brackets and hardware to mount the new calipers, and wheel spacers/shims, presumably used to space the wheels out, although I suppose they could also be used to space the rotors out from the hubs. I imagine that these spacers are another off the shelf item, no more than 1.5mm to 3mm in thickness from the looks of them. Here’s what you would end up with after the mod:

Stock Juke Brakes:
- 1 pot calipers
- 11.7” vented front discs

Z32/Z34 BBK Juke:
- 4 pot calipers
- 12.6” vented front discs

With the exception of the brackets (which would have to be locally manufactured), you’re looking at a cost of about $350 using all new or remanufactured parts sourced from eBay or local retailers. Anyways, let me know what you all think about the potential for this mod, and perhaps if I ask nicely, the wife will let me purchase some parts to experiment with.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ksport has big break kits for the Versa which I have talked to them about and they are not sure about the fitment. Have a hard time dropping a chunk of change for a project like getting them and doing the fitment.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Debello
GTM and Stillen also have big brake kits for the Juke, but if it’s possible to piece together a similar or equivalent kit for 1/3 to ¼ the cost, then I’m all for it. I guess the question that begs to be answered is, who will be the first one stateside to accomplish this mod and post their results? The brackets look ambidextrous, and if that’s the case, then it would be really easy (inexpensive) for a small machine shop to turn out a few dozen pairs.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
A lot of Nissans utilize the same mounting points for brake calipers.

The B15 Sentra Spec-Vs (2002-2006) can use the N/A 1990 Z32 brake calipers (26mm) without any modification made to bolt them on, and they DO NOT REQUIRE A 240 BRACKET (they do however require machined rotors and conversion lines). Those calipers are also used as upgrades on S13s, and S14s with almost no fab work. Essentially, those calipers are also used as upgrades on 1987-1989 300ZX turbos.

The 2004-2006 Spec-Vs came with a Brembo option that can be used on other cars (240s, Z31s, etc...). I would not be surprised if those Brembos weren't direct bolt ons for the Juke. If the Z32 calipers mount up to the Juke with no issues, then the Brembos will as well.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
A lot of Nissans utilize the same mounting points for brake calipers.

The B15 Sentra Spec-Vs (2002-2006) can use the N/A 1990 Z32 brake calipers (26mm) without any modification made to bolt them on, and they DO NOT REQUIRE A 240 BRACKET (they do however require machined rotors and conversion lines). Those calipers are also used as upgrades on S13s, and S14s with almost no fab work. Essentially, those calipers are also used as upgrades on 1987-1989 300ZX turbos.

The 2004-2006 Spec-Vs came with a Brembo option that can be used on other cars (240s, Z31s, etc...). I would not be surprised if those Brembos weren't direct bolt ons for the Juke. If the Z32 calipers mount up to the Juke with no issues, then the Brembos will as well.
The biggest issue from what I understand is the bracket to mount everything up. I'd love be able to put a set of Brembos or even just the Z32 calipers on my Juke...

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
So I pulled up next to a Sentra Spec-V today with the Brembo option. They have a 4 lug set up, so we couldn't use their rotors, but the calipers looked decent...

If someone can find a bracket that is mass produced that'll let us mount them up, that'd be AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brackets need to be made so precisely. Our best bet is to see if anything is a direct bolt on. Spec-V Brembos, Z32s (26mm), and Q45s (2-pot brakes) are all interchangeable (S13s, S14s, P10s, P11s are also included). Even some Maximas are interchangeable with all these.

The chances of the Juke following this pattern is pretty good. It is just going to require someone who has an extra big caliper to try and bolt it on to the Juke. At that point it is a mater of finding the proper rotors (Z32/Z33 rotors are always good choices) and getting some conversion lines.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Brackets need to be made so precisely. Our best bet is to see if anything is a direct bolt on. Spec-V Brembos, Z32s (26mm), and Q45s (2-pot brakes) are all interchangeable (S13s, S14s, P10s, P11s are also included). Even some Maximas are interchangeable with all these.

The chances of the Juke following this pattern is pretty good. It is just going to require someone who has an extra big caliper to try and bolt it on to the Juke. At that point it is a mater of finding the proper rotors (Z32/Z33 rotors are always good choices) and getting some conversion lines.
The GTM kit out there is pulled from the standard G37/370z setup. Same as Infiniti FX for a big brake upgrade. Akebono.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
The GTM kit out there is pulled from the standard G37/370z setup. Same as Infiniti FX for a big brake upgrade. Akebono.
If this is the case, shouldn't the stock brake lines mount up too? obviously if you are doing a BBK you want SS braided brake lines, but this would open up options greatly...

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If this is the case, shouldn't the stock brake lines mount up too? obviously if you are doing a BBK you want SS braided brake lines, but this would open up options greatly...

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.
no, the rotors and calipers were taken, the mounting hardware was different.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How was this verified?
sorry, when I say standard, I mean they pulled the same Nissan/Infiniti upgrade option from Akebono for the Juke. Not that the standard brake set is that set. The brake lines are different as are the mounting brackets.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to see this thread blowing up. The Brembos from the SE-R and other Nissan platforms are very pretty brakes, but the ones that I've been able to find online are also pretty pricey. When you start adding up the dollar signs, you quickly approach the price of Stillen's kit (assuming that you can find them). One of the more common elements that I've run across among the budget minded Nissan builds are the Z32 30mm calipers. These parts are readily available, and a rebuilt pair can be obtained for less than $250 including core charge; even cheaper if you're willing to rebuild them yourself. As for the brackets, any time you start playing with rotor diameter, depth and offset, you're going to need to move the caliper to compensate for these changes. The brackets look like they can be as simple or as complicated as the machinist (or home fabricator) wants to make them, however, they are in no means too complicated for the average local machine shop or hobby machinist to whip up.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Glad to see this thread blowing up. The Brembos from the SE-R and other Nissan platforms are very pretty brakes, but the ones that I've been able to find online are also pretty pricey. When you start adding up the dollar signs, you quickly approach the price of Stillen's kit (assuming that you can find them). One of the more common elements that I've run across among the budget minded Nissan builds are the Z32 30mm calipers. These parts are readily available, and a rebuilt pair can be obtained for less than $250 including core charge; even cheaper if you're willing to rebuild them yourself. As for the brackets, any time you start playing with rotor diameter, depth and offset, you're going to need to move the caliper to compensate for these changes. The brackets look like they can be as simple or as complicated as the machinist (or home fabricator) wants to make them, however, they are in no means too complicated for the average local machine shop or hobby machinist to whip up.
I was thinking about this very thing. Design the bracket myself then have emachineshop.com machine me a set in whatever their cheapest material is for phototyping. Do some test fits and once I get the design right, have them built out of something track/road-worthy. Then of course, make the bracket available to you guys so you could get your BBKs on!

But, this said... the kit from the original link looks like it has all the parts, unless I'm not seeing something?

I'd really love to see some 6POT fronts, 4POT rears, but that might be overkill...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The only thing wrong with global-z kit is trying to find someone who will ship it to the US without spending an arm and a leg on shipping. That said, I just figured that a domestic kit (or just a bracket set) would be a lot cheaper than trying to get parts from Japan.

If you're looking for 6 pot brakes for up front, you might look at the B16 Sentra and Versa kits out there. You would have to make sure that the rotors had the Juke's 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but the calipers should fit, seeing as how Stillen's BBK part numbers are the same for all three of these vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I'm going to be combing the local junk yards for 350z, 370z, G35 and G37s with Brembos brakes to see if I can get a full set of calipers and rotors for cheap. Then I just gotta find out what it'll take to bolt the things on...

I also emailed Wilwood about a kit, NOT the most inexpensive, but they are race proven! IF they are interested and they aren't in my area, I'll post a thread asking for a guinea pig!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I'm diving into this project. I just picked up a 370z rotor from Pep Boys, I've got a set of rebuilt Z32 calipers coming from Advanced Auto Parts, and some StopTech Z32 ceramic pads. All told, I'm $270 into this project (including shipping) and I'm only one rotor, two brackets and some misc hardware away from a big brake kit for the Juke. This is using all new or rebuilt hardware.

So the plan is that I'll be prototyping these brackets out of ABS plastic and then designing the actual brackets in e-machineshop's design software (I'm stealing your idea bzzeigler). These brackets will be CNC cut out of aluminum (with steel thread inserts) or steel, depending on cost. I figure that the total cost will be under $400, and if it all works out, I'll be putting together Z32 bracket kits and offering them to you all for reasonable price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tracking this thread, I would buy Weevil.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts