Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a Nissan Juke ST that's a couple of months old now, I love it! Such a comfortable drive!

Anyway, I'm posting in here because I'm having problems with the bluetooth and my Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000B, Telstra version)

Android version is the stock standard 4.1.2. When the phone is paired, the display on the Radio says "Downloading phone data". When I look at my phone, the handsfree screen is active, and it says "Please wait", with a spinning circle. I've been for a drive for more than an hour, and at the end of the trip, it displayed the same thing.

More often than not, if I try to make a phone call either from the phone book or via the recent contacts list, the phone starts to make the call, the call disconnects, the radio display says "Call Ended", and the bluetooth disconnects.
If I look at my phone at the same time, usually (sometimes it hasn't) the phone will lose all signal, and will go back to the lock screen.

Sometimes, me making a call firstly will work if I cancel the "Please wait" screen as above.

In all cases, if I don't touch my phone and someone calls me, then the call will connect without any issues.

In comparison, I've also tried with an iPhone, but this never has any trouble.

I've tried clearing my contacts and starting again. I've even wiped my phone and it still does it. Unfortunately there are no further updates to my handset as far as I believe, as it's an outdated model now. Could it be the amount of contacts on my phone? I have a mix of google contacts, contacts on the sim card and I guess the odd facebook contact.

I'm pretty sure it's my phone and not the car, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and was there a way you got around it?

Thank you!

Michelle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a Nissan Juke ST that's a couple of months old now, I love it! Such a comfortable drive!

Anyway, I'm posting in here because I'm having problems with the bluetooth and my Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000B, Telstra version)

Android version is the stock standard 4.1.2. When the phone is paired, the display on the Radio says "Downloading phone data". When I look at my phone, the handsfree screen is active, and it says "Please wait", with a spinning circle. I've been for a drive for more than an hour, and at the end of the trip, it displayed the same thing.

More often than not, if I try to make a phone call either from the phone book or via the recent contacts list, the phone starts to make the call, the call disconnects, the radio display says "Call Ended", and the bluetooth disconnects.
If I look at my phone at the same time, usually (sometimes it hasn't) the phone will lose all signal, and will go back to the lock screen.

Sometimes, me making a call firstly will work if I cancel the "Please wait" screen as above.

In all cases, if I don't touch my phone and someone calls me, then the call will connect without any issues.

In comparison, I've also tried with an iPhone, but this never has any trouble.

I've tried clearing my contacts and starting again. I've even wiped my phone and it still does it. Unfortunately there are no further updates to my handset as far as I believe, as it's an outdated model now. Could it be the amount of contacts on my phone? I have a mix of google contacts, contacts on the sim card and I guess the odd facebook contact.

I'm pretty sure it's my phone and not the car, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and was there a way you got around it?

Thank you!

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

I have a Juke AWD Ti-S (not that it should make a difference) it's approx 4 months old and I bought a Galaxy note 3 last month. The new phone paired perfectly and the Bluetooth hasn't missed a beat since day one. I use my phone for work and have thousands of business contacts on it but it only partially copies them to the Jukes interface, probably because it only has a small memory capacity. That doesn't bother me because I have all of my favourites on there and never have trouble dialling out or receiving calls. But like you say yours is an older phone so it is more likely to be the phones software playing up.. I had heaps of trouble with the iPhone in my Nissan 370Z last year and the Nissan Connect interface but iPhones have always used a slightly wacky Bluetooth interface so I gave up trying to fix the issues with the Zed.

You don't mention where you are located in Australia - don't be shy you can let us know..

Anyway, welcome to the forum..

Gazza.. ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts