Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If not a Juke...

If not a Juke, we're considering the following vehicles:

Mazda3 GT 5-door: we've had one before and loved it.
PROS: good space, reliable, fun to drive, and holds it's value well.
CONS: they've become pricey.

Nissan Rogue SL: currently own one already and really enjoy it.
PROS: good mileage, good handling, good value.
CONS: we currently own one and do we want two of the same vehicle in the driveway? Also, do we need another vehicle that large?

And then the wildcard, the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
PROS: aggressive design, GREAT fuel economy, hybrid tax credit.
CONS: it's a sedan and it'll be pricey.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3, Hyundai sonata turbo, VW GTI, or I just be very happy to keep my maxima.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the Juke and the Mazda 3 both have that really bright electric blue color. the trick will be getting dealers to order it. I saw a Mazdaspeed3 in that color yesterday and my eyes practically popped out. So gorgeous!

The Rogue and the Mazda3 sport hatchback are still on my list; the Mazdaspeed3 isn't, because it's so zoomy it apparently becomes "tiresome" on long drives, and will burn the rubber right off the tires--a little too much for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3, Hyundai sonata turbo, VW GTI, or I just be very happy to keep my maxima.
None of the cars you listed are in the same class as the Juke. They're all compact sedans while the Juke is more of a crossover. Although I wouldn't mind having a Mazdaspeed 3 for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the Mazda3 hatchback would be better for a daily driver than the Mazdaspeed3.

BTW, I am somewhat bemused by the term, "daily driver." Must be nice to have a little something on the side for the weekends or trips, I guess. As a solo, my car must be my "only" driver, so versatility is key.

·
Registered
122 Posts
None of the cars you listed are in the same class as the Juke. They're all compact sedans while the Juke is more of a crossover. Although I wouldn't mind having a Mazdaspeed 3 for a daily driver.

Yes I know that, Those are just the cars I am intrested in and considering and who knows I may not choose any of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2012 Ford Focus hatchback looks nice. Supposedly it'll be here in the first quarter of next year. There no solid info on it yet so who knows...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Don't want to wait that long. Ford is making some good cars now. Looked at the Fiesta--engine too wimpy! Love the graphics available, though.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
so many people buy cars just for looks though, without even checking to see if it has good reliability, good gas mileage, etc.

Seems to me the choices offered are either ugly good cars or good looking but crappy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
so many people buy cars just for looks though, without even checking to see if it has good reliability, good gas mileage, etc.

Seems to me the choices offered are either ugly good cars or good looking but crappy.
youre mostly right. there are a few really good cars though that look good and perform good. you usually just need to do your own research to know about these thing. so important for buyers to do research before dropping their hard earned money.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I've just been drooling over the new (updated) 2011 Ford Edge. A bit out of my price range, maybe, but gots some cool stuff. That's a plus in the Big column (in my ongoing big v. small debate)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts