Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I don't want to believe that the SV model in Canada doesn't come with the I-CON system! If the Juke would be uninteresting without it, then I'd have to get the SL model, costing me more cash.

If I am reading the Canadian Juke specs that I saw on this site correctly, AND from what spme people are saying, the Integrated Control, I-CON display is available on the SL model, but not on the SV model!? :eek:

That would mean that there’s no (automatic) climate mode or D-Mode control? Ok, so that would explain the manual air conditioning available in the SV model.

How do you access (but obviously not see any info on) the three pre-set driving modes: Normal, Sport, or Eco? I am thinking that perhaps the I-CON-less Juke doesn't have the extra two settings, Sport, or Eco!?

Can anyone (especially a Canadian dealership employee OR Canadian SV owner!) clarify this I-CON issue, please? I have emailed local dealerships with no response yet; Nissan.ca doesn't have specs listed on their website yet; and the Juke is not yet in town.

Here are the specs that I have seen in a few spots on the web. Can't vouch for their accuracy:

Canadian Pricing and Specs
2011 Juke Model Line Up

1.6 SV

1.6 SV Contains:

Comfort & Convenience

- Air Conditioning (Manual)
- Heater Ducts Under Front Seat
- Power Door Locks with Auto-Locking Feature
- Power Windows with Driver Auto Up/Down
- Power, Heated Mirrors
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Cruise Control
- Bluetooth with Voice Activation
- AM/FM/CD 2 DIN Audio System
- 6-Speakers
- iPod Connectivity and Aux-in Jack
- MP3/WMA Playback Capability
- Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
- Trip Computer with Outside Temperature Display
- Digital Clock with Outside Temperature Display
- Digital Clock (in Audio System)
- Driver & Passenger Vanity Mirror with Lid
- Tonneau Cover
- Passenger Seatback Pockets

1.6 SL

1.6 SL is 1.6 SV Plus:
- Power Moonroof
- Fog Lights (front)
- Nissan Intelligent Key System
- Auto. Climate Control
- I-CON Display
- Heated Front Seats

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been wondering that myself, i guess we'll have to keep waiting for another couple weeks until the cars actually arrive to get the final answer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in the states the S model does not come with I-CON and there is no option to switch between any of the other driving options. I am assuming that it will be the same in Canada. Hope that makes sense...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I saw an S with no Icon. I don't think you can change the mode, and it has regular manual air and heat

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A (Canadian) Juke SV dash with no I-CON display - avert your eyes; it ain't pretty!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Hyundai

·
Registered
123 Posts
yukky ! I don't think they will sell a lot of this.
I don't know, that's the SV up here, as we don't have the S. IIRC, I read somewhere that that trim level was going to be the volume leader in Canada

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I don't know, that's the SV up here, as we don't have the S. IIRC, I read somewhere that that trim level was going to be the volume leader in Canada
In Canada, it appears as if the I-CON system is available only in the SL (from what I've seen in some website's specs). The Canadian Black Book website lists it as standard when you build an SV model! Hmmm. Confusing.

I am satisfied with what SV has to offer, but would hate to have to buy more expensive SL just to have the I-CON system.

Anyhow, I posted my original mesage to determine what I would get without the I-CON system? I'm assuming just Normal drive mode. Could I live without the I-CON? Is it realy worth it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since I am looking at the S model here in the US, I have asked two dealers (since no S in stock), and they both assured me that no having the I-Con doesn't effect available driving modes in the AWD model at least. They could be wrong but that is what they are saying.

How do you access (but obviously not see any info on) the three pre-set driving modes: Normal, Sport, or Eco? I am thinking that perhaps the I-CON-less Juke doesn't have the extra two settings, Sport, or Eco!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
After looking at the manual available on the Nissan USA site under for owners, there is no indication there is any way of selecting sport/eco modes without I-Con... Ugh...

Since I am looking at the S model here in the US, I have asked two dealers (since no S in stock), and they both assured me that no having the I-Con doesn't effect available driving modes in the AWD model at least. They could be wrong but that is what they are saying.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Argh.. but online model comparison says that all CVT models has:

Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) with Sport mode

implying there should be some way to get to it unless it is the only mode...

After looking at the manual available on the Nissan USA site under for owners, there is no indication there is any way of selecting sport/eco modes without I-Con... Ugh...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been wondering that myself, i guess we'll have to keep waiting for another couple weeks until the cars actually arrive to get the final answer
You don't have to wait. It's confirmed. You want the I-CON system, you got to buy the SL. It's been stated in the forums, but I needed to see it for myself. FINALLY* got my own brochure at a dealership nearby and saw it myself. SIGH.

* Yes, I know!
Q. Why didn't I just do this in the first place!
A. I've only just discovered the Juke, and a healing broken ankle makes me a homebody these days! As for checking Nissan.ca, no specs up on website yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts