Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo 6MT with Injen CAI, Turbosmart Diverter, Siebon GT-R hood, Stillen Axle-Back + more!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before doing the research, I bought a 2JR uprev tune on black friday. After reading more about this tune, I grow increasingly worried that it will not add any power. Should I return it without even opening it? If not, how can I tell if it is the best tune for my juke? Would I be able to order a re-flash of the ECU?

I'm not sure what to do, any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I also ordered an FMIC and downpipe from 2JR, but it doesn't seem they are quite as hated. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these?

·
Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
Without going on a dyno before and after tuning, you won’t have any idea what gains you are getting from the parts and the tune. All I can say is work with Joe on the tune. Make sure you data log what he wants. But don’t be surprised if he either doesn’t get back to you in a timely manner or at all.

I was one of the remote tunes he never finished or even got remotely correct (no pun intended). I kept the UpRev cable and license because I had bought it so it’s mine and went to another tuner who did a great job. Once your Juke is flashed on UpRev, you can load any UpRev flash from any tuner because the license is tied to the cable and ECU, not the tune file.

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo 6MT with Injen CAI, Turbosmart Diverter, Siebon GT-R hood, Stillen Axle-Back + more!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without going on a dyno before and after tuning, you won’t have any idea what gains you are getting from the parts and the tune. All I can say is work with Joe on the tune. Make sure you data log what he wants. But don’t be surprised if he either doesn’t get back to you in a timely manner or at all.

I was one of the remote tunes he never finished or even got remotely correct (no pun intended). I kept the UpRev cable and license because I had bought it so it’s mine and went to another tuner who did a great job. Once your Juke is flashed on UpRev, you can load any UpRev flash from any tuner because the license is tied to the cable and ECU, not the tune file.
Thank you for the advice. Did he contact you before or after shipping the tune? I still haven’t gotten any contact and I’m worried it will stay that way, and the ECU shipped 3 days ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
The ECU shipped? If you ordered his remote tune package (unless he has changed something) you should be getting the UpRev cable. First thing you need to do is install the software, hook up to your car, flash the base UpRev tune, then email him to see what he needs you to data log. It’s been a few years since I did this but that should be the general procedure.

·
Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
the stock ROM is available from UpRev both on their website and through the software. But yes, always dump the stock ROM. One could then grab the back to stock file from UpRev and do a bit-level compare of the two files to confirm nothing is corrupted/changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m tuned by joe and made 384whp. Definitely call them and ask if you can get the ball rolling. No harm in shooting them a call. If it makes you feel any better I ordered stainless steel brake lines on Black Friday and havent heard anything yet. I know they got swamped that weekend but 110% call and get the ball rolling. They’re all nice over there

·
Registered
506 Posts
I paid for the etune from Joe and after 6 months of calls and emails he never would do anything except tell me he was going to "send it out that evening". I ended up having Drunkmann do my etune and am very happy with the results. I think Joe may be fine to deal with in person based on others' posts. All of the high horsepower tuned Jukes that are reliable have come from his shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid for the etune from Joe and after 6 months of calls and emails he never would do anything except tell me he was going to "send it out that evening". I ended up having Drunkmann do my etune and am very happy with the results. I think Joe may be fine to deal with in person based on others' posts. All of the high horsepower tuned Jukes that are reliable have come from his shop.
That’s what I’m worried about, I’m all the way in Minnesota so I can’t just drive down and ask for it to be fixed. I’m not worried about when I get it, I’m sure he’s prioritizing Black Friday orders so it’ll probably be sent out soon. My worry is if it’ll make power, and if it doesn’t what I’m supposed to do. On top of that, I don’t really have a reliable way to test how much power I’m making so hopefully it’ll all work out nicely.
I’ve been in contact with whoever runs the Instagram of 2JR, and they seem confident that it will be at my door soon. I am currently inclined to believe them, because every other part I bought has arrived. I will update you all on if I do/don’t get the tune and how it is!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it making power. That seems to be the thing he's best at and is certainly putting down numbers consistently. Whether the numbers are always legit or the result of adding Boostane or race gas, that's another story.

·
Administrator
11,915 Posts
Keep us posted please.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts