Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends say that I am hung up on the Juke. I need to step back and look at other cars! It won't be easy.

I haven't even seen a Juke up close yet. I need to drop by a dealership and sit in one. If they ever get here!!!

Maybe after an actual test drive, I'll have different point of view.

As for the movie reference in the topic's title:
Saying 'The Juke' reminds me of saying 'The Duke', John Wayne, one of my fave western movie actors > Cowboys > Brokeback Mountain. Yes, I know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You won't...if you love it based on pics/videos, the in-person experience makes your feelings stronger...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
there are a lot of good cars out there. none with the exact combination of features that the Juke has, though

·
Registered
186 Posts
Violet West - you seem rational!

Please help me answer this: why would I choose a Juke over a mazda 3..aside from the looks...why is the Juke premium worth it...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
not going to get in the middle of a tiff with your wife, lol!

The Mazda 3 hatchback is actually my second choice car. No backup camera, of course. I do agree that it important not to "settle" if you can help it, because that will put you in a bad mood for however long you keep the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey,

The SL in Canada has no Nav/back-up cam or leather seats...has everything else...

I need some more intelligent ammunition for my wife...

In terms of reliability of Nissan/Mazda and build quality...any thoughts...just working it down to what the smarter investment is.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the trim lines are different. it helps if you put your location in your profile, but you don't have to.

It's hard to predict reliability on a brand new model with a lot of new tech. We can't know your needs (v. wants) or your financial situation, either.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Financially, I can afford this...

Needs:
1. good fuel economy
2. reliable
3. fun to drive
4. I like the "wow" factor

Nice to have's:
1. Sunroof
2. push start ignition
3. techy stuff (i.e. icon system)

I know everyone is different..Im just trying to device if the Juke brings added value over a mazda 3, or its all gimicky and hype, and in the end, wont matter.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The Mazda3 has pretty poor fuel economy, I think. That's a good reason right there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Regardless of the "techy stuff" the big difference between the Juke and Mazda 3 are the drivetrains, particularly the engines. The direct-injected turbo in the Juke makes the 2.5l lump in the 3 looking very dated. And if you're going for the CVT and AWD (with torque vectoring), there's nothing comparable in the Mazda.

I wish the Mazda 3 was more competitive as I've been very happy with my RX-8, but it just isn't. The Juke offers more all around and drives better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll be honest... I too am stuck on the Juke. In the U.S. I am very hard-pressed to find a vehicle that is AWD, fully loaded (SL) for $25k. My significant other has a Mazda 3. He is a HUGE car nut. He loves it. He'd rather have had a MazdaSpeed3 but is putting an LS1 (v-8 corvette motor) into a Miata. But I digress. I've had the opportunity to drive both his and a couple of Jukes. They are both fun to drive. I prefer the driving position and the smaller footprint of the Juke (vs the 5-door 3). If he was buying new right now, I think he would go for the MazdaSpeed3 then the Juke then the Mazda 3. For me, I spent 8 months test driving, researching, etc. and you couldn't pry me away from the Juke. As for reliability, Violet has a point, it's a brand new car with a lot of technology. I'm debating adding on to the bumper-to-bumper to protect myself from issues with nav/back-up camera/etc. Nissan warranty in the US is 3 yrs/36K miles bumper to bumper; 5 yrs/60K miles powertrain; 10 yrs/120K miles for just the CVT. The dealership I'm buying through makes the powertrain lifetime. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey,

I have seen so many fuel economy numbers thrown out, hard to tell which are actually accurate for the mazda 3...does anyone have accurate fuel economy numbers for mazda 3 GS 4 door sedan (2011) vs. what the Juke is claiming..

Nissan Canada warranty is the same as US from what I can tell.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a hard time trying to figure out the actual size of the Juke. Will be buying something early next year but the wife wont drive something the size of the Mini Cooper. Im trying to sell the Juke to her but we have none around here close to go see yet but should be soon. Tell me its not that small cause she to is thinking the Mazda CX7 or the new KIA Sportage.
WBJO Wanna Be Juke Owner.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
yeah, it's small. Not quite as small as the Cooper, but remember, it's built on the Versa platform. A bit wider and taller than a Versa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As someone who has driven a Versa for 4 years, it still trips me out a bit. I went from an 05 Altima to the 07 Versa after the lease on the Altima was up. It looked so small to me at first, but then the front cabin was just as big as the Altima. When I stare at it from the parking lot, I think wow, my car is small. But when you get in, there's a ton of space. It reminds me of that old Chevey Aveo commercial when the basketball players get in it, and their feet don't even touch the floor, lol.

When I drove the Juke, it was definitely larger to me. I was up higher, and the width was definitely noticeable. The car feels a lot bigger than a versa from the inside if you wanted my opinion.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My Juke is almost exactly the same length as my niece's Kia RIO. It's amazing, because I feel claustrophobic in her car and feel just fine in the juke.

On the RX8, don't they drink oil? My buddy has one and gets the oil changed at a Lube Stop or something, just so he can get free fluid top offs. He seems to be ok with that, but that would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine doesn't drink oil as badly as it drinks gas. I spend nearly $300 per month at the pump, and I only have a 40-mile roundtrip commute. The best I've gotten is 20 mpg on the highway, on a road trip to LA. That really sucks for a car as small as it is (and it's smaller inside than the Juke).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking at other cars, but I can't stop thinking of the Juke! Even vhen I see something about a car that's better, I rationalise my way out of sticking that feature in the 'It makes it better than the Juke' column.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Vonbear - what else are you looking at?

I have narrowed it to Juke, or 2011 Mazda 3 GS..price difference of $5,000

I was ready to go in and sign today, but am rattled by the fuel economy now.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I know the feeling. After months of debating, I actually had myself talked out of the Juke by friday night. Come Sunday night, there was a Juke in my driveway.

I am looking at other cars, but I can't stop thinking of the Juke! Even vhen I see something about a car that's better, I rationalise my way out of sticking that feature in the 'It makes it better than the Juke' column.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts