Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1990 Suzuki Alto Works RS-R! It's kind of a mini Juke? 660cc inline 3, twin cam, turbocharged, all wheels drive kei car. All of these things are labeled on the outside of the car, everywhere...
20190531_110544.jpg
20190531_110632.jpg
20190531_110442.jpg
Tiny engine bay (nothing new)
20190531_110454.jpg
So cute! Even the intercooler is tiny.
20190531_110433.jpg
Small crack here. Is that bad?
20190531_111853.jpg
Snow mobile sized turbo anyone?
20190531_110748.jpg
Rays TE-37s and a sweet badge, "for those who want the WORKS"
20190531_110828.jpg
Look at the manual, LOOK AT IT!
20190531_110839.jpg
Looking at replacing the seats. Either OEM or racing.
20190531_110847.jpg
This worries me, 13, am I in a world of hurt?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plans for the Alto:
Not sure! Clean, paint the valve cover, new wheels (as much as I love the Rays they don't fit this guy), fix the radiator, new seats. Let me know if you guys have suggestions!

Also, I can't drive it yet as I do not know how lol. Learning stick this weekend. Wish me luck...

·
Registered
271 Posts
wow...congrats, beautiful and well preserved...enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
CONGRATS !!!

I think Might Car Mods got a hold of one.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Get a vinyl banner that says 'Brave Little Roaster'. You're welcome. Can't wait to see what you do with her. Those adorable little motherf'ing Ray's make me wanna pinch it.

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
To me that white box looks like a factory oil catch can on the PCV valve that drains back into the valve cover. Hose comes right out of the top of the valve cover through the PCV to vent oil vapor and pressure. Collects in the baffles of the white box and "clean" air is routed back into the intake tract to the front left passenger... err... driver side. Any oil that accumulates then would drip back into the valve cover.

Purely speculating, but looks plausible.

EDIT: If I had to guess, the hood scoop is actually only for the intercooler that sits right next to the white box on top of the engine and the intake is to the left of the engine... but you probably already knew that, sorry I'm kinda geeking out over this too.

EDIT 2: After looking at it much closer, I stand by my above statements. I also add you can see the divert valve less than a foot off the turbo and returns to the intake tract after about a foot of tubing. So the recirculation path is maybe 18" and no more than 24" and dumps back into the intake. All of this is before the intercooler. Compared to the Juke which dumps after the intercooler back into the intake whcih I'm guessing is probably close to 6 feet of tubing and piping.

EDIT 3: The crack in the black plastic cover in one of your first photos probably isn't bad. It looks like just a plastic cover that sits over the spark plugs and not part of the valve cover that contains oil, etc. That's based on seeing the blue wires peeking out from underneath it and to the side meaning this is a central distributor and not coil on plug, but something 30 years old would most definitely have been distributor based. Could have been individual coils in a central distributor pack somewhere off the engine. The actual valve cover is the white part and is probably a one piece with two separate bumps, one for each cam.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To me that white box looks like a factory oil catch can on the PCV valve that drains back into the valve cover. Hose comes right out of the top of the valve cover through the PCV to vent oil vapor and pressure. Collects in the baffles of the white box and "clean" air is routed back into the intake tract to the front left passenger... err... driver side. Any oil that accumulates then would drip back into the valve cover.

Purely speculating, but looks plausible.

EDIT: If I had to guess, the hood scoop is actually only for the intercooler that sits right next to the white box on top of the engine and the intake is to the left of the engine... but you probably already knew that, sorry I'm kinda geeking out over this too.

EDIT 2: After looking at it much closer, I stand by my above statements. I also add you can see the divert valve less than a foot off the turbo and returns to the intake tract after about a foot of tubing. So the recirculation path is maybe 18" and no more than 24" and dumps back into the intake. All of this is before the intercooler. Compared to the Juke which dumps after the intercooler back into the intake whcih I'm guessing is probably close to 6 feet of tubing and piping.

EDIT 3: The crack in the black plastic cover in one of your first photos probably isn't bad. It looks like just a plastic cover that sits over the spark plugs and not part of the valve cover that contains oil, etc. That's based on seeing the blue wires peeking out from underneath it and to the side meaning this is a central distributor and not coil on plug, but something 30 years old would most definitely have been distributor based. Could have been individual coils in a central distributor pack somewhere off the engine. The actual valve cover is the white part and is probably a one piece with two separate bumps, one for each cam.
I also speculated it was a catch can, but was skeptical that a car manufacturer would have one as OEM. Very cool.

Plastic valve cover thing I found a replacement for. Along with the ridiculously long ground wire, and a new radiator from a Suzuki swift.

This little guy also may have a tuned ECU and turbo upgrade. Need to dive in and start looking around deeper.

I will try to get a video of the drive soon. The little BOV makes the cutest little STUTUTUTU.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
It might be an oil separator w/o Googling it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dove in a bit deeper and took pics...
Resized_20190605_175454.jpeg
There is a TON of oil residue behind the engine. Likely need to do a full gasket refresh.
Resized_20190605_175601.jpeg
Confused as to why there is oil (blowby?) on my intercooler piping.
Resized_20190605_175723.jpeg
Lower radiator hose looks like it's seen some rough times.
Resized_20190605_180605.jpeg
Black soot on turbo housing...
Resized_20190605_180617.jpeg
More leaks down at the oil pan.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
My Lil Toaster. LOL

·
Registered
414 Posts
What’s the weight limit on that chair?? Does it state “Will hold an engine?” I just gotta get me one of those!
ROFL

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Did he say it was 660cc? What's that weigh, roughly equivalent to a chubby 10 year old?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Chubby 4 year old, then.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts