Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wondering how well it drives in medium to soft sand. I live near a beach and would love to take it out on the access road. Most of it's compacted, but there are some softish sections.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm wondering how well it drives in medium to soft sand. I live near a beach and would love to take it out on the access road. Most of it's compacted, but there are some softish sections.
For those who might be tempted to ride on the beach or in soft sand: well don't. For sure the awd system will get screwed up. It isn't designed to handle this.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I don't know whether sand will screw it up, but I have to say--the Jeep is built for it--the Juke is not. It may look like a dune buggy, but the Juke is not really for off-roading at all; it's for highway and town driving.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know whether sand will screw it up, but I have to say--the Jeep is built for it--the Juke is not. It may look like a dune buggy, but the Juke is not really for off-roading at all; it's for highway and town driving.
How long until someone jacks it up and puts giant mud tires on it? :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know why that link says Jeep101.. It's not a "jeep" site. The Juke is surely not an offroad vehicle.. But a little sand driving wont hurt anything
:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I liked this video YouTube - Nissan JUKE Torque Vectoring which covers the torque vectoring AWD equipped on the Juke! from 4mins till the end it gave an example with snow :)
Hmm...so I watched this video and then turned on my Juke's AWD-V mode monitor (the little LED that lets you know where it's putting the power in the wheels) and noticed that the car never moves with 50/50 on the front two wheels.

Everytime I accelerate, it shows that all 4 tires go from one dot each to two dots each...implying that it's evenly going 25/25/25/25 the entire time unless I'm turning?

That video shows it going 50/50 on the front two wheels as the default, but if this monitor is to be trusted, it's always 25/25/25/25 as the default.

Anyone else getting the same results? Or perhaps I'm reading the monitor incorrectly?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
sounds like you have the AWD turned off, maybe, if it's showing 50/50 on the front wheels all the time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sounds like you have the AWD turned off, maybe, if it's showing 50/50 on the front wheels all the time.
What I mean is that in that video, it shows the car's default ratio to be 50/50 on the front tires (the video always has the car start and end at 50/50 on the front, and only shifts to the back tires on turns), however my car's indicator shows that I'm 25/25/25/25 pretty much always, and some other ratio when doing turns, but never 50/50 on the front two tires.

Just wondering if something's up with the video or if I'm missing something. I don't think it's possible to put my car at 50/50 on the front without disengaging the AWD, but then it wouldn't be possible to give power to the other tires without the AWD-V being engaged...so I'm a bit perplexed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The led's on the display probably stay illuminated so that the driver knows it is still in AWD. It probably isn't showing the exact torque distribution that is taking place in the AWD system. If they showed the 50/50 on only the front wheels display when driving straight.. some people who may not know any better may assume something is wrong with the vehicle and complain (Just a guess as to why they made the display the way it is)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very good in the snow/ slippery conditions, have driven in 2 feet and it did very well, very impressed with the torque vectoring awd and awd. It can handle much more than people think, and is good for a solid 0-60 of 7 seconds and 25mpg -27mpg avg, the only down fall to this thing is the small 10.5 cubs of storage. I have owned subaru's, and jeeps and this little frog like suv is impressive. Love it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just handled this snow like a champ.

Was completely in control 99% of the time on these crazy roads, and really only got into trouble when I'd get crazy and try and cut my own path out there to get around cars going 10 mph.

Very very very impressed.

AWD only mode worked wonderfully.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts