Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Cool thanks! Any reason buying used low mileage OEM wouldnt be acceptable or should I go brand new?

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Buy used high mileage, buy smashed in half, buy new aftermarket, buy whatever you want. It won't matter, you're filling the thing with urethane, lol. Just do it. And then don't forget to also buy MannyMounts from me for comparison.

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR AS TO HOW/WHY MY PROCESS FAILED:

I did a two-pour approach. Sealed one side, poured in one side for a perfect pretty surface finish. Removed sealant from other side, poured in other side for a perfect pretty surface finish.

The urethane didn't bond to itself. If it was done in one pour, it would have been sandwiched in place and could not have fallen out like mine did.

Prep work performed was correct, urethane rating was correct, mixture and pour were all correct... but the 'perfect from both sides' approach that I did was incorrect.

This is one of those times where I'll tuck my tail and admit: Mac was right, I was wrong. Use duct tape, glue, kitty litter, whatever to seal one side and do a single pour. One side will just be ugly.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Just purchased 13's mounts instead of DIY. Thanks for all your help! I will be sure to do a full write up after I've had a chance to demo them and complete my first race.

Buy used high mileage, buy smashed in half, buy new aftermarket, buy whatever you want. It won't matter, you're filling the thing with urethane, lol. Just do it. And then don't forget to also buy MannyMounts from me for comparison.

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR AS TO HOW/WHY MY PROCESS FAILED:

I did a two-pour approach. Sealed one side, poured in one side for a perfect pretty surface finish. Removed sealant from other side, poured in other side for a perfect pretty surface finish.

The urethane didn't bond to itself. If it was done in one pour, it would have been sandwiched in place and could not have fallen out like mine did.

Prep work performed was correct, urethane rating was correct, mixture and pour were all correct... but the 'perfect from both sides' approach that I did was incorrect.

This is one of those times where I'll tuck my tail and admit: Mac was right, I was wrong. Use duct tape, glue, kitty litter, whatever to seal one side and do a single pour. One side will just be ugly.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just purchased 13's mounts instead of DIY. Thanks for all your help! I will be sure to do a full write up after I've had a chance to demo them and complete my first race.
To be clear, they're technically MannyMounts, I won't claim ownership of the design or fabrication efforts... But I am the sole distributor of them now. :)

Very excited to see how ya like em and look forward to the writeup.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You can order it from energy suspension for around $50 usd

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
For the record, I do not condone this method and would rather this thread be deleted as to not be used as a reference.

These mounts failed and are still sitting on a shelf in my shop. The techniques demonstrated here do not work.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Agreed. I threw my OE mounts away (mailed em to Canads, actually) and got my Manny Mounts at 20k miles, and they still perform and look perfect. Really helps that little 1.6 get it's cute early RPM naturally aspirated power to the pavement. Still one of the best investments I've made on my car.

For the record, I do not condone this method and would rather this thread be deleted as to not be used as a reference.

These mounts failed and are still sitting on a shelf in my shop. The techniques demonstrated here do not work.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts