Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my video: Just posted for future reference.

US Members:
The US version Juke uses any brand CR2025 coin battery. Mine had a Sony in it and I replaced it with a Duracell.
Your first indication of the battery running out of power is when the Intelligent Key System Warning Light on the dash starts blinking in "green". You'll still have a week or so to use the Intelligent Key.

Battery Icon blinking green indicating low Intelligent key battery in remote:

Changing the battery:

What happens when the Intelligent battery dies and you haven't changed the battery? Not Juke specific but it works for Intelligent Keys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for posting this. The guy in the video said you could use a CR 2032, I happen to have one sitting around that I tried and it would not work. I checked with a voltmeter to make sure it was good and pulled the little tabs on the battery clip out a little bit to make sure they were making contact but it still would not work. Surprising, because the only difference in a CR 2025 and a CR 2032 is that the 2032 is slightly thicker and has a little more storage capacity...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think the battery in mine is almost dead, but the light in the car doesnt blink green when I start it...sometimes I cant unlock the car or open the hatch by pressing the buttons on the car even if the key is on me. I'd say this happens about 20% of the time. not sure if its the battery or the actual key though...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Green key flashing

My Juke has the Intelligent Key function, but the last couple of times I've started my car, a green key light flashes on the dashboard for around 15 seconds. I know that when it's yellow it's because the key isn't in the car, but what does the green light mean?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's in your manual, It's signaling that your intelligent key battery is low and needs a battery replacement.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I replaced my original Sony CR2025, 3 volt battery for the first time in 2-1/2 years after seeing the green key icon flashing. I measured the voltage of the old battery with a Fluke digital meter and it was 2.89V. Surprised that the Juke thinks the battery is almost drained.

http://www.sony.net/Products/MicroBattery/cr/pdf/cr2025.pdf

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealer happened to tell me this trick when I purchased the juke. However, it is unfortunate it does not explain this in the owners manual. I thought the salesman was full of "it", I guess not. :D
Makes me want to remove my I-Key battery and try it out, but I'm too lazy to experiment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the battery in mine is almost dead, but the light in the car doesnt blink green when I start it...sometimes I cant unlock the car or open the hatch by pressing the buttons on the car even if the key is on me. I'd say this happens about 20% of the time. not sure if its the battery or the actual key though...
The batteries are inexpensive. You may just want to replace it to avoid an unnecessary nuisance occurring when you least expect it. Also, if you replace the battery it should help you rule out your concern with the actual key! Good luck and let us know. (I see I'm real late to this post!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The dealer happened to tell me this trick when I purchased the juke. However, it is unfortunate it does not explain this in the owners manual. I thought the salesman was full of "it", I guess not. :D
Page 5-14/15 tells how to start the vehicle with a discharged battery in your intellikey. At least the Owners Manual for my 2014 NISMO RS has it there, under Intelligent Key Battery Discharged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO I am seeing the green light and according to this thread, I need to replace the battery with a CR 2025... Okay that's all well and good, but until I get those, if the battery goes dead, I always assumed the hidden key could be used instead, though when I look to find where I would insert it, there isn't a place for the ignition. Is it just to open the doors? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
The physical key inside the fob is just for unlocking the doors from the outside. If the key fob battery is dead you place the whole key fob up against the push to start button and press the button. The fob has a passive sensor in it activated by placing it near the steering column. I don’t know the page, but it’s in the owners manual.

Reactions: marcyldixon

·
Registered
2 Posts
The physical key inside the fob is just for unlocking the doors from the outside. If the key fob battery is dead you place the whole key fob up against the push to start button and press the button. The fob has a passive sensor in it activated by placing it near the steering column. I don’t know the page, but it’s in the owners manual.
Thank you so much!!! I will look in my manual... but first order of business is apparently to get a new battery!! Thank you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts