Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Im installing a gps tracker in my juke and I was looking where to splice in order to install a "kill switch" relay in case of theft. I could not find a way to remove the rear seats and I could not find the fuel pump wires across the harnesses.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Rear seat bottom is easy to remove. It just pops out grabbing the front of the seat. Pull straight up.

You could run a kill setup off the fuse panel fuel pump fuse or another fuse that will disable starting like the brake circuit. Then possibly use a piggyback fuse holder and Modify it.

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Thats good !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would not splice anything that runs to the fuel system. You could splice wrong and drive the vehicle with a hot wire. That hot wore will cause your back seats to catch on fire and blammm you will turn to a chard piece of meat and anyone else in the car. My advice to you is use the OBD2 port inside the dash board. That is a good spot and a lot of electronic facilities sell obd2 gps truckers.
Best of luck.

Ps
Reason I tell you not to splice to a fuel wire line is due to seeing a similar case here at the dealership. The whole car came in crispy and it was due to the client taping a radio amp to the rear wiring harness that also feeds the fuel management system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts