Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm no engine expert so I am asking this question, what will a flash do to the engine and what mods are needed to get this? My only mod so far is axle back exhaust and my CAI is on its way. Thanks.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
I'm no engine expert so I am asking this question, what will a flash do to the engine and what mods are needed to get this? My only mod so far is axle back exhaust and my CAI is on its way. Thanks.
STG1 flash is good for a stock car, with it without intake or catback.

STG2 flash needs a upgraded downpipe.

The flash changes a bunch of things, fuel mixture, ignition timing , cam timing and boost control.

Part of the flash is EcuTeks custom RaceRom Boost Controller. This allows you to adjust target boost pressures - my stg1 calibration allows you to select between 8 - 15 psi.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

Thanks

John

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
STG1 flash is good for a stock car, with it without intake or catback.

STG2 flash needs a upgraded downpipe.

The flash changes a bunch of things, fuel mixture, ignition timing , cam timing and boost control.

Part of the flash is EcuTeks custom RaceRom Boost Controller. This allows you to adjust target boost pressures - my stg1 calibration allows you to select between 8 - 15 psi.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

Thanks

John
I have a question:
From a daily driver stand point and hearing that the Juke should have been sold with type of performance tune, What is the stock boost and when and why would you want to adjust boost?
Is there a tuned boost set point that a daily driver could keep it at?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok I have the Stage 1 tune from John on my 2012 FWD SV 6MT with only Injen IC pipes and a Turbosmart BOV as mods.

I leave the boost set to max ( 15 PSI over the stock 12 PSI) at all times, not reason to turn it down. I DD the car and if you aren't getting on it, it feels just as good as it always did but with some more get up and go. If you decide to throw it in sport mode and your right foot gets a bit heavy, the car instantly transforms into something completely different. With a push of a button you have a torque steering sleeper status frog. You should see the smile on my face when that boost gauge fills up in 2nd and third gear.

With my intake and exhaust coming this week, the plan is to get them on and set up a dyno/retune date with John so we can see what this tune is really capable of on 6MT with bolt ons. I don't have enough driving time in yet to give you MPG ratings yet, but they seem to right around where they were before the tune, hard to tell because I have been driving the car pretty hard, and I also sat in about 2+ hours of traffic yesterday so that didn't help.

If I had to rate this tune and software, John's know how and skills of tuning, and the overall performance gains from this tune, I'd give it a 10/10 no questions asked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bumping this thread...I live in Omaha so I'm not too far from a dealer but just wondering whats the target HP numbers with basic boltons? i.e. intake and TBE? It will prob be awhile before I mod my 2013 Nismo but just trying to piece together a game plan for the future. TYIA

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Basic bolt-ons, about 250-270 @ the crank, depending on boost levels.
Enough to keep pace with your stock WRXs, Ford Focus ST, Hyundai Genesis 2.0T, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Plenty good enough for me. I used to have an 05 sti tuned to 317whp/349wtq. Granted I don't foresee the juke hitting those numbers but I would like just an extra bump to add to the driving experience. I love this thing lol

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Ok, Dbperformance in Rogers, Mn is a EcuTek dealer. They can provide the tune but I'm it for now. I have to go the single user route. I need to know how many in the area are interested in this as the tuner would then purchase the pro tuner. I'll work on getting prices soon.
If you guys know any shop in the WI, IA, IN, IL, MN area that works with EcuTek tunes and will do a Juke please let me know.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts