Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you get it into "run" to pop start it? One of the benefits of a stick shift is to be able to pop start it when the battery is low or your starter dies. Is there a certain amount of power needed in the battery for the i-key to work?

·
Administrator
12,520 Posts
Wow. Good question.

Owners manual?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Getting into the car is easy just use the key.

For those of you who may not know your car does have a key. Turn the remote over and slide the little lever over and you can slide out the key.

The problem I see is getting the car into the "ON" position. Normally with a full battery you press the start key twice while your foot is not on the brake. But I'm betting this would not work if your battery is dead dead dead. With a traditional engine your battery can be dead but you can still turn the key to the on position.

So the question is how much power does your battery need to have in order to get the car into the on position?

·
Registered
849 Posts
It should take a fairly little amount to just cycle the key to the on position. None of the injectors or ignition coils are firing. All you are doing is powering up the ecm and the fuel pump. I would immediately turn the hvac system off once turning on. As long as the battery is above 9v it should power up.

If I had to do it, I would get the car rolling. Put it into 2nd, press key 2 times and immediately let the clutch out and hope.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

For those of you who may not know your car does have a key. Turn the remote over and slide the little lever over and you can slide out the key.

The problem I see is getting the car into the "ON" position. Normally with a full battery you press the start key twice while your foot is not on the brake. But I'm betting this would not work if your battery is dead dead dead. With a traditional engine your battery can be dead but you can still turn the key to the on position.

So the question is how much power does your battery need to have in order to get the car into the on position?
Yeah I know about the key and how to get in. Even with a regular key you have to have some juice left to pop start. I think I have ever only done it once because the battery was too low to start, but if someone can confirm the voltage needed (eventhough there is no voltage gauge) to get the car to into run that would be great. 99% of the few times I have pop started a car it was because the starter had gone bad. I used to start my tempo like that for a few months while I saved up for a starter. (those were the days). Now I kind of want to just go try this but can't get myself to pop start my car that is less than a week old.

·
Registered
1 Posts

What if the key lock won't open it? 2011 nissan juke. Battery completely dead. Key in back of fob will not unlock because the key entry is still electric. Not a mechanical lock. Now what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts