Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2016 Juke Nismo 6 speed manual that's been having a weird issue. Sometimes there is a huge time delay between adding throttle inpit and the revs increasing, but only while the clutch is depressed or I'm in neutral. Vehicle is completely stock and well serviced. I tried to search around a bit and couldn't find someone with this issue who has a manual trans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for checking. To be clear, the vehicle acts completely normally the majority of the time and when I have horrible throttle response, a restart may fix it.

I'm cleaning the MAF today and I picked up a can to feed through the vacuum line and clean the intake valves.

Since a restart usually fixes it, and since I've had other weird electrical issues that pulling the negative terminal fixed, I assume it is electrical.

Again, thanks for checking and offering some solutions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: cleaned maf and checked for intake leaks but the issue is still happening. It only happens intermittently, restarting the engine makes the issue disappear and I didn't throw any codes.

It only seems to happen on cold starts and since it is so random, like twice a week, I think it has to be electrical.

Could it be limp mode?

·
Super Moderator
4,342 Posts
It very well could be a limp mode. When the computer detects anything it fears will hurt the engine, it will trigger a limp mode. Are you running premium gas? if so, you may have an engine sensor that is failing. You may need to have it serviced where a computer can be attached to monitor the controls.

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
Sounds like limp mode. Its hotter out and thusly you should change your CVT fluid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts