Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replaced the two front horns with a pair of high/low tone 132db ones. Definitely sounds better than the stock ones and is a little louder, but not annoying loud. Don't use the horn much while driving, really wanted to do this more for the door lock sound to be louder. Install was easy, hardest part was figuring out how to get the front grille off. Went ahead and painted the chrome "V" black while it was off.

A note for the nismo model owners that are having trouble getting the front piece off:
1. Remove the top 4 clips (flat head to pull up the middle part and then pull out the tab).
2. Snake your hand in where the hood release latch is and move it down to where you see the two empty spaces in the last photo (one under where each horn is).
3. You do not need to put pressure on the entire clip there, only the middle piece, I stress this since I did not know and was trying to force the whole clip out of the space and was killing myself in doing so. But no, it is just a simple little push up on the middle part of the clip.
4. Once both are released, you should then be able to pull forward the entire front mid grille section (watch out for the top rubber parts that are still somewhat holding onto the top part where the 4 pop-clips were).
5. 2 small screws then hold the chrome V to the grille section along with some basic clips.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good stuff, the OEM disc horns are pretty lame. I like the blacked out V.

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, used the same paint that I did the engine cover with, was going to do plastidip but wanted something with a little gloss and that I could run a cloth over without the particles all sticking to it ;)

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*Update on the paint that I used for the front chrome V: It started to chip (probably due to the fact I did not use a primer coat or strip off the chrome finish). So I re-did the area, applied a couple more coats and then finished it off after it all dried with a few coats of a gloss clear-coat protectant. Hopefully that holds up better.

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did I miss this thread? Maybe it's a sign that the V doesn't want to be covered up :p
Haha, probably because I "hid" it under the title of "horn replacement". :cool: What a pain it is to remove though, my arm is still all bruised up from over the weekend, even worse now since I changed the horns and they are bigger and more in the way now..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replaced the two front horns with a pair of high/low tone 132db ones. Definitely sounds better than the stock ones and is a little louder, but not annoying loud. Don't use the horn much while driving, really wanted to do this more for the door lock sound to be louder. Install was easy, hardest part was figuring out how to get the front grille off. Went ahead and painted the chrome "V" black while it was off.

A note for the nismo model owners that are having trouble getting the front piece off:
1. Remove the top 4 clips (flat head to pull up the middle part and then pull out the tab).
2. Snake your hand in where the hood release latch is and move it down to where you see the two empty spaces in the last photo (one under where each horn is).
3. You do not need to put pressure on the entire clip there, only the middle piece, I stress this since I did not know and was trying to force the whole clip out of the space and was killing myself in doing so. But no, it is just a simple little push up on the middle part of the clip.
4. Once both are released, you should then be able to pull forward the entire front mid grille section (watch out for the top rubber parts that are still somewhat holding onto the top part where the 4 pop-clips were).
5. 2 small screws then hold the chrome V to the grille section along with some basic clips.
Great walk through of removing the grill hahah I couldn’t find this for ages. Now a silly question how do you remove the horns it’s self I’ve tried to pull the connectors and the little black clips won’t budge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts