Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my Nissan car horn started sounding continually. I tried to turn it off with the plip thinking it was the alarm but it continued. Got into the car and started the engine up and then turned it off, still it continued. My neighbour was just about to disconnect the battery after about 5 minues and it stopped on its own. I took it to a garage and they ran diagnostics on it and no fault found. I am worried about setting the alarm now. Anybody know what it can be and what can be done?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Is the physical horn button malfunctioning? Maybe push it a few times in case it's stuck. Smack it maybe (don't hit too hard tho... Don't want to set off the airbag!)

If it were the alarm it would be honking on/off, so it sounds more like a mechanical (bad horn switch) or electrical (shorted relay) issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the physical horn button malfunctioning? Maybe push it a few times in case it's stuck. Smack it maybe (don't hit too hard tho... Don't want to set off the airbag!)

If it were the alarm it would be honking on/off, so it sounds more like a mechanical (bad horn switch) or electrical (shorted relay) issue.
Thank you, I will let the mechanics know

·
Registered
1 Posts

I had my juke serviced today and the same thing was happening while I was there they found that one of the airbags was out of position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my juke serviced today and the same thing was happening while I was there they found that one of the airbags was out of position.
Thank you, I have it booked in at Nissan this Friday as they said that it might be the airbag springs so hopefully it will be sorted. Fortunately it hasnt happened again since so fingers crossed it makes it to Friday without going off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts