Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the FR video about removing the cowl pieces for better airflow. In that video, the Juke used for demonstration had a piece of trim on the back of the hood. I asked in the comments about it, but no joy. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about it. I plan on doing some testing on whether or not the pressure at the wipers and below where the cowl pieces sit is high or low pressure at different speeds and locations. Hopefully I can build a map of pressures around the hood, windshield, and maybe the front bumper if I am feeling adventurous and feel like spending tons of time with testing. I am curious as to whether this is an effective mod or will another type of venting be beneficial. Matt does great work, I just prefer a more technical approach to testing and verification of results.
Juke Hood Trim.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
I must not have seen your question. But that piece on her hood is not oem. She got that from ebay. Not something i would install. I am looking into making a video showing temps with and without the metal cowl. Just waiting on the air temp probes ive ordered to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I was curious if that piece is centered, it may provide a trip or slight deflection to airflow upward toward the windshield. This could cause a low pressure area in the cowl. Possibly lower than stock, which would help draw hot air from the engine bay. Temps don't always tell what is going on with airflow. If the cowl is in high pressure at say 60 mph, then you could get air reversion into and around the turbo. This cooler air would just go out the bottom with the rest of the air and could lead to a false positive of lower temps. Not saying you are wrong or you aren't seeing improvement. I saw this mod frequently when I was working with the 240sx community. Same theory, same idea of lower temps with some testing, but no one could definitvely say if it was being drawn out of the engine bay or reversion was helping cool things off and going underneath. The added benefit if there is draw from the hood is less upward aero force at certain speeds because less air will be going under the car. I like your stuff Matt, keep it up.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Juke awd cvt
10 Posts
That's my Juke. I had that piece on there to deflect air from the wiper blades so that they wouldn't lift when hard accelerating. It is off center to cover the location of the 2 wipers.
I recently had my hood repainted, and removed it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts