Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit and run to my juke on 1/31.

$5K in damages so far! Radiator, condensor, transmission cooler, hood, hood latch, bumper and grill all need to be replaced. That's only what they could see. At first Progressive only quoted me $1800... Gotta be in top of these insurance companies man. I told the shop when I brought it in that the Heater was making a whirring noise and the alignment was slightly off. They said it's hard to prove that to Progressive. I didn't want to open the hood as I thought for sure it wouldn't close again and I was right.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That sucks man! I've had my share of rear enders, but I've never been hit in the front. Did they back up into you or hit you straight on? That's an odd shaped dent on the hood. At least you know that the vehicle was green that hit you. Maybe there were home video cams nearby that recorded something. Time to scout the neighbourhood for green vehicles with damage!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So I noticed that you covered your license plate number but you forgot to block out your reflection in the grill! LOL

·
Registered
720 Posts
That sucks man! I've had my share of rear enders, but I've never been hit in the front.
You're a very dirty girl :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No really dude that sucks. Every day when my wife goes to work I'm like "remember, you can stop (performance studded winter tires) but the person behind you probably can't... so just pin it if you see something coming from behind..."
Have had a couple 'hit and run' dings but nothing major...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hey, don't you get us in trouble again!

I had one bad rear ending and had to have my bumper replaced and then a few months later got rear ended again and it was back to the collision centre again for repair. I hope my new Juke doesn't have the same bad luck. People just drive too close to my ass and if I have to make a sudden stop they end up ramming me from behind!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey, don't you get us in trouble again!

they end up ramming me from behind!
What trouble? I remember one day waaaaaaaay back I had a blue diesel VW golf (non-turbo, that had like 0 power) the day before Toronto had a hell of a snow storm. Next day, bright sunny dry roads (Toronto clears the roads)-was heading to Dixie/Eglinton area and BAM dude smokes me from the back. Write-off. EMS said I was called in as a priority because I looked like a ragdoll flopping around when I got hit - guy hit me from behind, my foot popped off the clutch, my 0hp car went in to the van in front of me so I was a VW sammich. Sucked. Missed worked that day.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts