Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
15,000 miles in 7 months, but I doubt I'll hit 25K/year without another major expedition. Maybe Seattle in June...

·
Registered
59 Posts
70,780 Purchased 8/1/11. Thought I had the highest, but gg on that 100k! Still goin strong? I haven't had any issues to speak of beyond the few recalls and a bum stereo when it was still in warranty. (lol warranty! what's that? I've forgotten many years ago...)

·
Registered
29 Posts
purchased 12/11. Currently about 63,000 miles. been doing about 100 miles a day since 4/13. The only major work done were the two recalls, the fuel rail and timing chain. And of course the normal maintenance stuff. I am nervous about the transmission though. Three different people with altimas told me that their CVT's went around 120,000 miles. And I have the 100,000 extended warranty. My luck the CVT will go once the warranty runs out.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
purchased 12/11. Currently about 63,000 miles. been doing about 100 miles a day since 4/13. The only major work done were the two recalls, the fuel rail and timing chain. And of course the normal maintenance stuff. I am nervous about the transmission though. Three different people with altimas told me that their CVT's went around 120,000 miles. And I have the 100,000 extended warranty. My luck the CVT will go once the warranty runs out.
As far as what I have read the CVT is different then the one in the Altima and may end up surprising you in the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The cvt in the juke is intended for far less power than the altima. Which makes me think how long your cvt will last is largely impacted by how you drive it; if you're just puting around and allowing the cvt to work smoothly you will see an increase in lifespan. but I wonder since it is a weaker unit if you are driving hard you will see breakdowns below the 100k mark. I just traded in my sl awd that I babied for a 2015 nismo rs awd. It has a warranty good for 120k, makes me wonder if I should baby this one or just drive the crap out of it and hope it goes before 120. Either way cvts are much cheaper labour and materials wise to replace compared with a traditional transmission. Do you really need a trans that will last 400k in a car you're going to drive for 100 tops?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Purchased my 2012 Juke SL CVT in August 2012. 72280 miles now, No problems other than the timing chain recall and the fuel pressure recall just recently.

·
Administrator
11,613 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
151,000 on a 2013 CVT!! No issues YET with tranny fingers cross but prepared for the worst lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts