Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 SV AWD that I've only had a couple of months and love it. Jacobywestern posted pics in 2013 of his Juke with this set up...225/65-16 Hankook I-Pike tires on 16x7 Ultra Wheels...That is the look I'm going for. Has anyone else out there put this size tire on their Juke, and if so, how did it affect the handling...will it still corner well? Will the ride still be smooth at speeds of 70 to 90 mph? Will the turning radius be affected? Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
It will suffer from a taller tire sidewall flex but it will still corner well. Prolly no worse than a Yugo. LOL

Highway will still be smooth as long as the tires are balanced properly.

I am sure there are plenty of Jukes with Winter tire setups using 16" steel rims and tires. I have a set of General Winter/Ice Studded on my old Sparko 17" rims. However. I did not get a chance to run them since I got them after our blizzard.

Just do it. If thats what you want. She will drive perfectly fine.

Get some whitewalls tho. Really do it up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go for it!:vs_bananasplit:

I'm running 235/60 Yokohama Geolandar AT-S on 16x7 wheels with no problems. It still corners just fine, but it's much smoother over bumps and delivers a better ride on rough city streets. Off the pavement it gives me grip and flotation you won't get with taller wheels. My tires came out to 27.3" and there is no rub at full lock even under compression. I wouldn't go any bigger on a stock setup.

Don't listen to the haters, I love my tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go for it!:vs_bananasplit:

I'm running 235/60 Yokohama Geolandar AT-S on 16x7 wheels with no problems. It still corners just fine, but it's much smoother over bumps and delivers a better ride on rough city streets. Off the pavement it gives me grip and flotation you won't get with taller wheels. My tires came out to 27.3" and there is no rub at full lock even under compression. I wouldn't go any bigger on a stock setup.

Don't listen to the haters, I love my tires.

Thanks, K_Dub, I saw a few pics of your set-up and would love to see some profile shots of your Juke...the one available with the great scenic view is back lit, so it's difficult to make out the wheels/tires...but what I've seen looks exactly like what I'm shooting for...again, thanks for your encouragement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts