Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nismo rs 2017, ecutek remap 266bhp, injen, gfb reciric mach2, lowered 30mm and spacers
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put some stp fuel cleaner in and filled up on tesco momentum. Thought id give it a blast up the expressway, ive noticed a high pitch whistling noise upon heavy acceleration not heard before. I was in high revs 100mph, could this be a hose leak or split which would explain the hesitant pick up and stuttery tick over

·
Administrator
11,960 Posts
Well honestly you were probably hearing the Turbo if you own a turbo Juke.

More info on what you drive is needed.

·
Registered
nismo rs 2017, ecutek remap 266bhp, injen, gfb reciric mach2, lowered 30mm and spacers
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mate ive had the car 2 yrs now and driven it hard many times never heard this noise before high pitch whistle on high revs. Its an rs nismo

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
High pitch whistle...

at high speed: could be a door gasket, windshield seal, side window seal, etc.

at high revs: could be fuel pump related (maybe...), accessory belt or pulley, or an electrical ground loop in the audio system/speakers.

at high boost: (yes you can be in high revs but no boost, alternately you can also be in high boost at relatively low revs) boost leak in any number of hoses or gaskets. Gasket at the exit of the compressor, cracked plastic end caps of the intercooler (stock intercooler), any hose from the turbo to intake runners, gasket on the recirculating valve, intake manifold gasket, PCV valve.

good luck on your search. Since you said there’s issues with sputtering on accelerating or turning over, I’d guess intake tract has a leak (both boost and vacuum)

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Paulmetal - you should put Nissan RS and your mods in your signature so readers know what you are driving.

Good info above. Good luck troubleshooting. Keep us posted so we learn along with you.

Reactions: paulmetal

·
Banned
52 Posts
Hello. I have a 2011 SL 6T turbo and I started getting same whistle/whining as well but mine is mostly at an idle and isn’t dependent on AC clutch activation. It seems to decrease the faster I go however. Here’s a link to mine making the noise. I posted about it on the forum but most folks aren’t sure what it is. I’m researching a reputable mechanic shop that won’t screw me over.

·
Administrator
11,960 Posts
Hello. I have a 2011 SL 6T turbo and I started getting same whistle/whining as well but mine is mostly at an idle and isn’t dependent on AC clutch activation. It seems to decrease the faster I go however. Here’s a link to mine making the noise. I posted about it on the forum but most folks aren’t sure what it is. I’m researching a reputable mechanic shop that won’t screw me over.

That sounds like your alternator is going bad. It could be the AC compressor or the bearing in the tensioner pully but that sounds like Alternator.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
That sounds like your alternator is going bad. It could be the AC compressor or the bearing in the tensioner pully but that sounds like Alternator.
Same thing we told him in his own thread about 28 days ago...

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
That's not a whistle, chuckweasel, that's a whine, and we gave you lots of possible causes in your thread. OP is a whistle at speed, not a whine at idle/low rpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did you find out what it was? I’m having the exact same sound!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts