Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 39 of 38 Posts
1 Posts
Hi,

Just out of curiosity how many high mileage people do we have around the forum? I'm going to be turning 100k most likely by end of year and have a warranty until 120k. Trying to determine if it is worth while to keep after that or not. Main interest would be who has a CVT and if you had any major issues and when.

Thanks

Mike
Hey Mike , just got on this forum.
I’m happy to inform you that me and my wife both have Jukes 2012SL which we just picked up 3 weeks ago . So no issues with it had it inspected. Good to go. Now for the answer to your CVT TRANS . We have 240,000 on our SV replacement of fluid was done at 125k have done reg maintenance nothing major . Only time we have had it at the shop was for the cooling fan relay gave out and they wanted $1500 to fix a relay fan was fine went car-part .com found a newer fan with relay cash they don’t come separate pulled off the front cover and support R&R 2 hours and I got the fan with relay for $75 . Done. And back on then road Leas than 6 hours .
Hope this will give you some insight and faith in your Juke..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Just out of curiosity how many high mileage people do we have around the forum? I'm going to be turning 100k most likely by end of year and have a warranty until 120k. Trying to determine if it is worth while to keep after that or not. Main interest would be who has a CVT and if you had any major issues and when.

Thanks

Mike
My juke has 170,000 and I bought it brand new 2013

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
My juke has 170,000 and I bought it brand new 2013
Welcome to the forum!

Aside from tires and brakes, have you had to replace anything else?

·
Banned
52 Posts
Reading up on these high mileage posts. Good info. I currently have a 2011 SL with 137,000 miles on it with no “major” issues yet. It’s burning the hell out of oil even after I’ve replaced PCV valve, new plugs, air filters, etc. no leaks however. Just burning. Only thing I haven’t replaced is the turbo oil feed line. Will do that soon. My only complaints is the road noise. Damn thing sounds like a ATV with bad bearings on the highway lol. It’s always sounded like that though. I have the 6 MT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2011 SL MR16DTT 1.6 DIG Turbo FWD. It has 174,117 Miles. I'm actually changing the timing chain for the first time ever. Any other recommendations CVT Drain & Fill? Can anyone pkease give me the part number for the beehive filter? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
2011 Juke AWD Cvt.....106k, no major issues other than early years recalls. Unless cvt fluid change was included in early dealer maintenance (probably not), it’s still has the original fluid! At this point I don’t want to change anything.
Experiencing some oil burn between oil changes.....and believe I have a l/f faulty ball joint.
Other than that no issues.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
2011 Juke AWD Cvt.....106k, no major issues other than early years recalls. Unless cvt fluid change was included in early dealer maintenance (probably not), it’s still has the original fluid! At this point I don’t want to change anything.
Experiencing some oil burn between oil changes.....and believe I have a l/f faulty ball joint.
Other than that no issues.
Man your definitely playing with fire in regards to the CVT.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I treat it nicely in regards to loads placed on it. I’ve never really trusted CVT’s so I don’t beat on it other than what most would consider risky measures re no fluid changes.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Do it anyway.

Oem recommends @ 60k miles. Forum will recommend 30-35k miles.
Usage doesn't matter, the fluid degrades over time and could result in limp mode on the highway or catastrophic failure.

Do it asap. Dealership recommended unless you are a diy type and feel like doing the research. Should cost about $200 @dealership for drain and fill (not flush!). Or $60-80 in fluid cost on your own + time.

Do it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
The CVT is inarguably less reliable than the manuals, that's a fact. Same as it would be if it was a standard geared transmission. Manuals are more reliable, assuming you build in the idea of a clutch or two over large numbers of miles, than automatics.

That having been said, there are people with 200k+ miles on their CVT. It's partially luck of the draw and partially maintenance. Swapping a few quarts of CVT fluid yearly is I think the key here - get a fluid extractor and suck out what you can and replace with fresh once every spring. Takes 15min and keeps things smooth and reliable.

I wouldn't write off buying a used CVT model, BUT, if you do immediately do several drain and fills - like 3-4 times with an hour or so of driving between each one. It's likely the previous owner never changed because Nissan basically tells people it's a lifetime fluid which is complete and total nonsense. Change that stuff yearly. CVT fluid ideally should be changed damn near as often as your oil. It has a specific blend of lubricating, heat transferring, and friction modifying factors that fade away pretty quickly. It's a high stress fluid that requires frequent changes.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
21 - 39 of 38 Posts