Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just out of curiosity how many high mileage people do we have around the forum? I'm going to be turning 100k most likely by end of year and have a warranty until 120k. Trying to determine if it is worth while to keep after that or not. Main interest would be who has a CVT and if you had any major issues and when.

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Have you ever had your CVT fluid replaced? I only have 29k but I recently did a total fluid replacement (took 4-5 drains and 13 quarts of new) with AMSOIL and it is running great.

There might be an argument with one of the Nissan guys that this isnt a good idea for a high mileage vehicle. So take this with a grain of salt.

At the very least having the fluid drained and filled is a good idea if you've never done it. Two would be better.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Plenty of info posted here of late concerning this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm more interested as to who has higher mileage Jukes and how the CVT has been for them. I assume there are a bunch at 100k. Do we have any 150k or even 200k Jukes out there still running the stock CVT?

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I see them post on the face book pages. The issues I see are the lack of Maintenance. When you talk to the Nissan Techs here. They rarely replace Juke CVTs compared to Rogues etc etc. So it seems reliable.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Really replacing the transmission is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of getting into new debt with a new car. My dealer quoted me $1300 to replace the transmission in labor. Cost of new trans is around $2500 I believe?

Really depends what your plan is. Are you going to get another car loan that's going to take 5+ years to pay off or are you planning on just buying a new or used car with cash. I've spoken with a few service advisors and as Mac said, Juke's are rarely in the shop, and when they are it's for blown turbos.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
All because of the oil feed line issue for the most part.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Mac, school me on this, is letting the car idle for 30-60 seconds before killing the motor a good way of mitigating some of this cooking that can happen with the oil feed line?

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Pretty sure it's recommended. I thought it was mentioned in the manual somewhere but I'm not finding it right now.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Perfect thank you. I always try to give it a chance to settle first but it sounds like a good ritual in light of the reason for most turbo failures.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
It always a good idea to idle any turbo car before you shut her off. Even if they are oil and water cooled.

If I can. Obviously dependent on where I am. I open my hood too. All that heat is terrible for your engine components. Plus look at my SHO with twin turbos. The heat is unbearable when I crack my hood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mike,

I have 225,000 miles on my 2012 Juke SL. I've kept up all the regular maintenance through the dealership and had the CVT fluid changed on their recommended mileage. I haven't had any trouble yet (knock on wood), but I'm not too hard on card in general. Hope this is helpful!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 110K on my 2011 and had only one problem that I consider dangerous. The lower control arm ball joints wore and could feel it in the steering. When I inspected them I parked it immediately and had it fixed. Not a major expense but something worth having inspected. Also had a rusted exhaust pipe flange that let loose and had my wife roaring down the road. Living in Wisconsin tends to rust exhaust systems.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Hi Mike,

I have 225,000 miles on my 2012 Juke SL. I've kept up all the regular maintenance through the dealership and had the CVT fluid changed on their recommended mileage. I haven't had any trouble yet (knock on wood), but I'm not too hard on card in general. Hope this is helpful!
Wow! I think that's the highest mileage Juke I've heard of. everything original as far as engine, cvt, and turbo? Congrats on having a well performing Juke and welcome to the forums.

Living in Wisconsin tends to rust exhaust systems.
Haha, isn't that the truth! and eats through lower control arms...

·
Registered
4 Posts
At 111k my turbo went out - that akso caused my transmission to tempnlock up and had transmission codes but it was not transmission at all. Turbo replaced, turbo tryurn hose and 02 sensor needed replacing.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
At 111k my turbo went out - that akso caused my transmission to tempnlock up and had transmission codes but it was not transmission at all. Turbo replaced, turbo tryurn hose and 02 sensor needed replacing.
Is she running ok ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Right now i'm just trying to weigh out the pros vs cons of keeping vs trading it in. My past cars I've kept until 160k & 170K before deciding to get something new but once you hit that mark trade in value in is the toilet. If I were to trade in shortly at least I would get some more value out of it. I've always been a drive it till it dies kind of guy but with something like the CVT I'm not sure how I feel about going that route this time. Again thanks for the food for thought.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Right now i'm just trying to weigh out the pros vs cons of keeping vs trading it in. My past cars I've kept until 160k & 170K before deciding to get something new but once you hit that mark trade in value in is the toilet. If I were to trade in shortly at least I would get some more value out of it. I've always been a drive it till it dies kind of guy but with something like the CVT I'm not sure how I feel about going that route this time. Again thanks for the food for thought.

Mike
I still have a 2011 SV awd original motor and original CVT transmission we are @ 223k miles love the car but it does have some laggy issues after long drives.. I know it's been a while since this post but do you still have your juke ?

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I still have a 2011 SV awd original motor and original CVT transmission we are @ 223k miles love the car but it does have some laggy issues after long drives.. I know it's been a while since this post but do you still have your juke ?
Your CVT is prolly getting old or it needs a couple of fluid swaps. But great miles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts