Should she buy or avoid

• Buy

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Avoid

Votes: 0 0.0%

high mileage good buy, bad buy?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Beanybear 
#1 ·
Hi guys, my daughter is looking to buy a 2014 Juke Tekna 1.5dCi and it has 113,000 on the clock. I am unfamiliar with them so dont know if she is wasting her money on a car with high mileage. I've seen a post in here where someone's reached 299,000 but obvs that's an exception. Can anyone advise me? I'd normally do more research to see if they hold their value (usually a sign that mileage is not an issue and that they will just go on and on) but the market is rising all the time and she needs to get one asap so thought I'd ask the lovely forum people.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
We don’t have much experience with the diesel version or the European version of the Juke. We have seen a few people post about particulate filter issues, but that may just be a normal maintenance item (not familiar enough with diesel). With 113k miles, you’d be looking to make sure the suspension, brakes, and transmission are in good working order. 113k miles is over the normal service life for suspension and especially the brakes. If you have a trusted independent mechanic, see if you can do a test drive and take the Juke there and have them do a simple inspection.

Good luck on the purchase!

Reactions: Bargeld
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.