Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Kim and I'm not sure where to start. I'd like to get some feedback on whether or not to buy a 2014 Juke SV w 85k miles, well-kept. Where should I post that?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Most here have good things to say about Jukes but I think that is common for any enthusiast forum.

I would suggest to check your best pricing on sites like KBB and check the cars history on CarFax. If you can get a good deal on a good car, come back and we can help with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've done as much online research as I can. I've loved the juke from the beginning. :)

My question is really about the mileage - the 2014 SV I want to buy has 85k. What issues tend to crop up at that mileage point? And any regular maintenance repairs I might be looking at right away.

Any suggestions/recommendations anyone can give me would be great.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,003 Posts
The weak spot on the Juke seems to be the CVT transmission. We recommend here to drain and fill the transmission every 30,000 miles to keep the fluid fresh. Buying one with 85,000 miles on it may have missed (2) service periods. Nissan recommends changing the fluid at 60,000 so see if it has had that completed. If so, do a drain and fill when you take delivery.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Hi and Welcome !!!

The Turbo Oil Feed line would be the only other "DEW EEET" job to avoid major breakage.

The 2011-2014s tend to have that line get too hot and it gets constricted. Bye Bye Turbo. Its just cheap insurance.

Change the CVT oil. Turbo Oil Feed Line (A new OEM is fine). Spark Plugs. Air Filter. Engine Oil with 5W/30 Full Synthetic. Cabin Air Filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swiftab - Thanks! I don't know if they've performed that service or not so that's good info. I'm grateful for your help!

Macgyver - Thanks for the additional info. I'm making a list. :)

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts