Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm Richard and live in Australia. We have a 2010 Nissan Xtrail with a bad cvt so I have reading cvt transmission posts to help me rebuild. I have posted a reply in cvt/upgrade post which has been very interesting and helpful to read. I am ready to put our transmission back together but after opinions on reusing our secondary pulley which has been polished but still a mark showing. This is not able to be felt with a finger so hoping it鈥檚 ok to use. Thanks for having me 馃檪

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forums. While you may not have a Juke, I鈥檓 happy to hear there鈥檚 useful information on here for you.

Registered
2015 Juke Nismo AWD, 21,199 mi, 1.6L Turbo DIG, Xtronic CVT with manual mode, Torque Vectoring AWD.
Welcome to the forum!
I too have a CVT tranny, but no issues
So far(car only has 24000miles)
I鈥檓 changing the the fluid and filters
So hopefully it will continue to work good.
I wish you luck with your project!

Registered
I responded in the other thread. That mark can be polished out using a ~320 grit silicon carbide though it'll take some time, nothing smoother grit than that. I used the main bearing to spin the pulley while sanding it but if you do this you'll want to periodically oil it to prevent wearing it down. In my case I replaced that bearing afterwards but keep that in mind. A lathe would be better but otherwise the method I describe is how I did it. I then ran a drop gauge to measure the run-out while it was spinning and generally you want less than .001". You'll be removing very little material anyway but something to think about. The entire pulley assembly can be purchased brand new if you are really concerned about it for ~$380 U.S. That mark can be polised out though it'll take time.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

Administrator
How fast are the Xtrails with the MRDDT ?

Administrator
Well. Un Detune it. Get some Powah

Reactions: Kyriakos X-Trail

Administrator
Faster is better. Haha

Reactions: Kyriakos X-Trail
1 - 12 of 12 Posts