Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So it’s been awhile, I rarely do post up here. I really should be more involved! Hahaha okay I don’t post much and I guess more or less lurked around if anything (lol), sorry peeps, but I too want to report to you all that I did a thing with my juke. It is at the point of a planned return, I have a few things that the FR shop has left to do like polishing up a few things, correcting the little things that I asked for my car, as well some minor body stuff. Don’t get me wrong I’m not as knowledgeable with cars but I know how to do a few things, I can do stuff to my car but not to the fullest extent to what Mr. Matt does.

Backstory, as you all know and have read that my car is up on the FR site as well Matt did post up a while back in regards of my car. It was one of the few that had been also used as a test vehicle for some (not all obviously), of the products that he has made today for the juke community and some us do use or hav e bought from the FR. Now granted I do have to give a bit of credit to also 2J because I did purchase some things from him as well. But from then on I decided and went with everything with FR and have him build me a beast.

I’m very happy to say it was a great choice for me because 1. I didn’t need my car for the time being since I travel a ton for work, being that the medical imaging industry of Philips MRI’s, CT’s, X-RAY, as well for cancer treatment, Radiation oncology treatment for cancer, called Unity (Elekta and Philips), got me super busy and going everywhere world wide, 2. I wanted Matt to take his time so he wasn’t rushed in anyway, triple/quadruple checking and testing everything ensuring it was to the highest degree beyond the standard because I do the same for the medical imaging equipment, 3. It was also Covid times.

Like Matt explained in previous posts, it was dropped off at the FR shop, global pandemic, I’m working through the pandemic, parts/supply delays for everyone and everything, blah blah blah. June 2, 2022 now rolls around I happen to tell him that I plan on stopping by again for the finale. Matt said he’s essentially ready, wanted me to do a test drive, really feel for it, and make sure that I like it how I wanted it to be. I said sure I’ll be there this weekend. Then Saturday rolls on up, fly into BOS, pull up to FR shop. Lol Matt gave me verbal sparknotes of the car, a run down on how to use the individual map settings, what to do/not to do, and honestly it was just a lot for me to take in because of my inner child of excitement as well the intimidation factor my car now being different.

Now for the drive. Yeah I drove it…. and holy crap…. It was f’n amazing! Yeah I get it, you all might be saying, “yeah that’s what they all say.” But no, I’m dead serious about this part. IT, WAS, ABSOLUTELY, NUTS! Matt surely did hammer out the the drivability factor for all 3 maps IMO. Driving on map 1 was personally scary for me at first… then I was like okay I got this now. Driving with left hand wrist resting on the top part of my steering wheel. Skipped over map 2 and directed my attention to map 3 while changing it on the fly. Being overly confident I said to myself no worries I got this… man I was stupid lol, because I was being cocky about it. I’ll put it this way, it kept me in my seat then I proceeded to place my left and right hands on 10 & 2, and hold on. I was scared and literally nervously laughing.

Driving it was really good experience for me because now I will have to be more in tune to listening to the RPMS, know when it’s the best time to shift as well the feel for the road. It handled pretty well. Thankfully, now It’s really grippy due to the tires that on it and I can say I did enjoy the entire experience. I did try getting my 360 camera to record which I do have a little bit of it but this Ricoh Theia died in me. Technology these days.

Now I’m here writing this in the plane, on my way back home from Boston. Drafting up what I want to say here, cramped up in the middle seat, and looking to explain the experience with my finished product. All in all, I have the up most respect for everyone’s builds and their vehicles of different builds. Whom ever you decide have build your car or you build it on your own, I respect it. As for mine, I chose FR due to my obnoxious busy schedule, for that major kudos to Matt to doing what he does. So Matt I want to Thank You again for tackling on the project. Surely I will hope for more upgrades to mine in the future. When I bring it home let me get use to the 417 juke beast first and from there I will decide if it is necessary for more……like 500ish….600ish……?????? TBD

I will report to you all when I can.

·
Premium Member
2014 awd Ti-s "JUK33"
162 Posts
Congratulations. Now u get to enjoy it. Any chance of a video of a 1/4 mile run. Drag strip. If u do that sort of thing with it. That way some of us can dream

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Awesome !!!

Post your build and update your sig. Pics and videos are loved by all of course.

Reactions: rexman

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Big congrats, ditto on the build list & pictures.

Reactions: rexman

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hwy Everyone!

A littile edit Its 416 :)

So as it is shown up at the FR site check the link:

Sorry for the delay I've been super busy as usual but here is whats inside:

Engine Modifications:
  • FastReligion Connecting Rods
  • Blouch Dominator 1.5XT-R Turbo
  • FastReligion ARP Head Stud Kit
  • Diamond Racing Pistons
  • FastReligion Street Cam
  • FastReligion Supertech Valve Springs
  • Cometic Head Gasket
  • Custom Tubular Turbo Manifold
  • Custom Intake Manifold
  • FastReligion FMIC600
  • Turbosmart 40mm Wastegate Full Recirculation
  • FastReligion MAC Valve Upgrade
  • FastReligion AUX Fuel System
  • AEM Water/Methanol System
  • Turbosmart Vee-Port Blow Off Valve
  • Custom 3" Downpipe
  • FastReligion LS Alternator Kit
  • Custom 3" Second Cat Pipe
  • Injen Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Injen Short Ram Intake
  • Uprev GT MAF
  • FastReligion MAP Sensor Upgrade (4 BAR)
  • FastReligion Low Temp Thermostats
  • ClutchMasters Stage 3 Clutch/Flywheel
  • OEM Low Pressure Fuel Pump
  • OEM Boost Control System

Check out the Youtube link of it:

Again as a repeat Check it out. I know you all are curious and now with Ben's car also completed check out his build too!

Mine:

Mr. Ben's:

Lastly I will try to get some videos and Pics when I fly out to pick it up. As I mentioned just little things left to do for cosmetic wise but its done. I am honestly excited about this

More to come!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sweet!!! You have one nice Juke. Hopefully, when you come pick it up, we can meet up this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations. Now u get to enjoy it. Any chance of a video of a 1/4 mile run. Drag strip. If u do that sort of thing with it. That way some of us can dream
I do plan on it, for sure when i pick it up I'll schedule some time for it.

Reactions: Ausjuk33
1 - 7 of 7 Posts