Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was checkin out brand new jukes underneth tonight !! some one please look under you sv awd ,head first,look at oil filter,to the left of filter--- is there supposed to be and open hole there or am i missin a plug of some sort ?? it doest look like its threaded,nothing is leakin out,,yet !!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called dealer,and they didnt have another one to look at,someone pls go look at thiers ????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dude, it's a brand-F-ing-new car. Take it to the friggin dealer and quit expecting the people on here to bail your a$$ out.

Edit: This post was in response to xcivic saying (sarcastically) "thanks a lot" because he didn't get the response he felt he deserved from us. He deleted the post because he knew what a whiny baby he looked like.

·
Registered
393 Posts
+1
Go back to your dealer.... Doesn't look right and there's no reason for using silicon on the first day of your new car. Are you nuts(missing) :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I'm sure he has taken care of this, but I would like to know what that hole was???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, he "took care" of it by filling it with high-temp silicone. Like that's going to do anything. Maybe he was out of duct tape. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Silicone and Duct tape are your friend. I can't count how many times one or the other has pulled my panties out of a bunch. So to speak.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the hole is not threaded,the METAL plug i had was, it fit snug in the hole so the high temp was a little extra,my dealer said the hole is not plugged from factory,but i think he was blowin smoke up my arse !! i had to go 100+ miles one way to get this dam thing so goin back up in a day or two wont work.i THOUGHT maybe someone on here would visually check thiers and let me know but i guess not ! there is not another juke even close to go look so i guess the hole is plugged !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will check my SLAWD when it stops raining here. I would not have plugged that so soon. It could be an overflow of some sort or perhaps an opening to release pressure from something or another. Weather should clear up by tomorrow and I'll take a peek under my Juke.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Now that I have one, I can check mine when I leave from work if it isn't raining. I haven't really had the opportunity to check my car out. Got it Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until it was dark. Is the oil filter on the passenger or driver's side of the car? Is this hole facing the front of the car or towards one of the wheels and if so, which one?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THANK YOU red,and grey !!! i know its a pita,,,,but if you slide under front end,find oil filter [its right up front ] the hole or plug will be to the left of filter,,its about 3/4 to 1 inch dia ,,, i can remove plug if i need too,,,THANKS AGAIN !!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
It's actually not too bad out. I will try and check during lunch in an hour or two and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Sorry dude, but the ground is wet out there and I'm in slacks. I put a small towel down and got on my knees, but couldn't get low enough to even see the oil filter. I have ramps at home and will change and look at it then. Unfortunately, that won't be for another 5 or 6 hours. Sorry I couldn't give you a quicker answer.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts