Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
so my lady has a 2011 Juke and it randomly goes into limp mode and then when you shut it off and start it up its fine. There was a MAF code and i changed that and its not tossing any codes or lights but its still randomly going into limp mode. I was thinking wet roads, but they are drying now up here in AK and heres still a issue. We are looking at going to the dealer for a full computer dino, but they have not heard of this before either.

thanks guys,

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I’m assuming you have a CVT in your Juke. How many miles on the Juke? Get the fluid changed through a drain and fill.

Reactions: marcasswellbmd

·
Super Moderator
4,297 Posts
Limp mode can be caused by several conditions but generally happens when the cvt transmission detects slipping. It is a way to protect the internal components. Like mentioned, changing the fluid will help is it is a fluid issue. Search “drain and fill” for more information

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Limp mode can be caused by several conditions but generally happens when the cvt transmission detects slipping. It is a way to protect the internal components. Like mentioned, changing the fluid will help is it is a fluid issue. Search “drain and fill” for more information
Ops So its limp mode is with RPMs at 2300 in fact it shifts during this If your easy and not going over 2300 rpm it will do 50-55 mph fine Its just like your hitting the rev limiter if your try to go over 2300Rs
The CVT has been checked and serviced and is fine and like i said it shifts fine and no slipping Well its a CVT But it runs up fine and you can manually shift up and down also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also like i was saying when it does it if you pull over and shut it off then restart it it runs fine Only seems to happen every few days We are trying to document road conditions (wet or dry) and temps out side to see if theres a constant The deal has no idea It still needs to go in to be put on the computer and see what they can find out

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
could be a failing boost control solenoid valve or MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. boost starts to kick in above 2500 rpm and if the MAP isn't reporting back a pressure/vacuum in the expected range, the engine will cut timing, boost, and fuel to save itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
could be a failing boost control solenoid valve or MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. boost starts to kick in above 2500 rpm and if the MAP isn't reporting back a pressure/vacuum in the expected range, the engine will cut timing, boost, and fuel to save itself.
Thanks that would make more sense Just shutting off and turning it right back on (only wait time is how long it takes to push the button) and its then fine and no codes is odd I was thinking it must be a sensor or ECM going bad Ill check those It would be nice to find it before spending a ton for the dealer to run it on the computer
So sometimes it will do it first thing in the morning (25F out) and other times it will go days even with a 200 mile round trip drive in a day at 60F then other days its a couple times a day temp and drive time does not matter Im still wondering on moisture getting into something

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many miles on the Juke. Also search up limp mode on this forum you'll get tons of hits. Issue usually surrounds the operation of the CVT.
Thanks ill check those Most all iv found go to the CVT and thats fine and serviced Also just a quick shut off and back on takes it out of limp mode It has about 120,000

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Water on the MAF or a failing MAF. Happened when I washed the engine, exact symptoms like a rev limiter @2500 rpms. I would buy a new MAF or clean it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Water on the MAF or a failing MAF. Happened when I washed the engine, exact symptoms like a rev limiter @2500 rpms. I would buy a new MAF or clean it.
I just replaced it yet again the other day as it was throwing code a month ago and then the other week Rev limiter just started the other week before i changed the MAF for the second time I know some have gone through a few of them before codes and issues stopped

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,
so my lady has a 2011 Juke and it randomly goes into limp mode and then when you shut it off and start it up its fine. There was a MAF code and i changed that and its not tossing any codes or lights but its still randomly going into limp mode. I was thinking wet roads, but they are drying now up here in AK and heres still a issue. We are looking at going to the dealer for a full computer dino, but they have not heard of this before either.

thanks guys,
They have heard of that issue believe me.. Anyway try doing a couple drain and fills.. How are the Miles??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts