Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips or videos that could help me get my bad actuator out and a new one in would be appreciated. I've got it loose but can't get the cables for the door handle off of it to jimmy it out of the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but it kind of skips over it in the service manual. It's blown up but not on the side that I need to see. I have the new part in my hand but can't figure out out the cables come out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a video on an eBay sellers page with the actuator out but I'm beating the hell out of my hands and arms with this thing. There's no space to get tools in.
I need to get the white end off and the plastic bit slid down but I have nowhere to jam a screwdriver to pry it loose. This is way more work than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I might add my hands are pretty small and it was pretty tight, wrap something around it so you have a better place to pull forward

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wouldn't consider my hands large but I am weak. Maybe my girlfriend can pull it out. Anyway I'm going to Harbor Freight to get thicker gloves if anyone has any tool suggestions for this hunk of ****.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Honestly if you can get something around it to give ya a bit more pulling power...lol even with my small hands I needed the extra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah there's two bolts. If you look in the other picture though, the top is welded up. No idea what's going on here. Gonna look up an exploded view of the door if I can find one. Maybe you can pull it out somehow but I didn't see one. I got it replaced anyway with the aid of a leather welding glove, a hook pick tool and numerous flatheads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Own a 2013 and had to take off the driver door actuator which was broken.
To take actuator out, u need to take off 3 external torx screws (service manual indicates u shouldn't re-use them) from the actuator.

The actuator is linked to the external key entry by a lock rod. Quite easy to take it off that rod. 7m40s

Take off the main power connector too.

the actuator can then be taken out. Rotate it out in an anti-clock wise direction to bypass the glass screen metal support.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Thanks for the Help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts